Hello Guest

91 Swift GT (**Need info Fast**)

• 23 Replies

Offline Zukipilot

• stretch the limits of reality!!!
Re: 91 Swift GT (**Need info Fast**)
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2007, 06:52:43 AM »
I'm gonna try and go look at it tonight or tomorrow at lunch. The paint looks crappy form the pic but it says it has may upgrades  :-\ Hopefully iy's a decent running ride with a crappy paint job. It's worth a look for $800

Zig
Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick

Offline locjaw

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2007, 07:58:42 AM »
this guy's been trying to sell this one for like 4 months hasent budged an inch on his price. it's nice , but probably didnt cost much more new
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/car/459065170.html
1995 Sidekick SAS'd "Trail Slayer"
1993 4 door lifted "Road Warrior"
1995 4 door stocker "CreamPuff"

Offline sidekicksrock

• Lil Suzys Dad
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2007, 08:14:28 AM »
this guy's been trying to sell this one for like 4 months hasent budged an inch on his price. it's nice , but probably didnt cost much more new
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/car/459065170.html

Man, if I had the cash to get that car it would be in my drive within a week. There are probably less than 10 cars built to that level in the country.
Student of Now Master of Then

Offline Jookycola

• 1995 Tracker LSi 4x4 16v 2-door
    • My car domain site for the tracker.
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2007, 12:36:10 PM »
as said the GTI and GT are the same but the GTI is slightly lighter. any GT is a fun car! I've had two. they scream to 7000 RPM easily and if you put some 15" rims and low pro tires 195-45-15 I had it will corner unreal. I picked up a header and it helped as well. check out www.teamswift.net

ive heard that, that forum isnt as "nice" as this one  :-\

I'm not the kind of guy to bash another site, but it's a disaster over there compared to what we have here.  We have a nice site operator in Eric, knowledgeable members, and a friendly atmosphere. 
All they did at Teamswift was b*tch and cry about EVERYTHING, and have very limited knowledge of their platform.  I was a newbie on there and had more knowledge about the car than most members there did.

(just a little background and personal experience)
I thought about getting a swift and went there hoping to get a few questions answered.  Instead of answering my questions they just rudely hounded me wanting to know where the car was for sale at.  I figured "what's the harm?" so told them and one of those bastards went to the guy and offered more cash and bought it out from under me.  THAT NIGHT!

It was pathetic really, it was a rusted out barely running 1991 GT with no interior and all dented up.  Basically a shell with a motor.  The guy was only asking $600.  The guy offered him $1800...for a beat up SHELL! :o  (trust me the car was barely worth the $600 he was asking) 
I was kind upset at first but me and guy selling it had a good laugh though that the guy was stupid enough to pay $1800 for the P.O.S..  I couldn't blame the guy, he had a sucker willing to throw A LOT of cash at him for a piece of junk, I probably would have done the same.
But then the guy that bought it bragged about it on the forums, just to rub it in.  He overpaid for a junkyard bound car and I was supposed to be mad I guess?  It was so childish, what made it worse was the sites owners and operators were equally rude, arrogant and immature.  It was the most idiotic web forum experience I've ever had.
Avoid that joke of a site. Seriously
It really, REALLY made me appreciate Zukiworld a whole lot more. 

But to answer the question they are very fun little cars, but parts are getting harder and harder to find.  That would be the only downside.  Seriously, they are that good…but they rust like crazy so if the one your looking at is fairly rusty beware.
And the GTi's (only in 1989) were lighter. From 1990 up Suzuki had to meet U.S. side impact and saftey laws so the cars whole body is reinforced all over adding weight.  Also they never came from the factory with air, it was a dealer installed option, so sadly pretty much every swift had a different A/C system in it making it costly to fix and find parts for.
Good luck, and post pics when/if you get it.
  [/url]

Online ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2007, 12:43:09 PM »
Thanks for the kind words....

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2007, 10:35:36 PM »
I was looking for one the entire time I had the Metro convertible.   I wanted to snag the body kit and engine to replace the 1.0L.   :)

Those things are like go karts around town.
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline sidekicksrock

• Lil Suzys Dad
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2007, 06:31:43 PM »
I was looking for one the entire time I had the Metro convertible.   I wanted to snag the body kit and engine to replace the 1.0L.   :)

I have a wrecked 93 GT and I have been looking for a Metro convertible body to do that conversion as well. All the body mouldings are good and the engine is OK, just the hood and fenders got damaged.
Student of Now Master of Then

Offline crikeymike

• Local to Western Washington?? Visit WAZUKS.com
    • http://www.wazuks.com
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2007, 07:26:08 PM »
Hey Jookycola, when was all that?

I'm a member of that forum now, but find it pretty useless.  Everytime i search for something, i find posts where someone has asked a question, then everyone tells them to search, and you can never find where someone actually told the answer.  Totally ridiculous.

I could get more answered for my swift on this forum than that.

BTW, i have a 93 GT.
1993 4-door Sidekick
3" hybrid Calmini/OME lift, 2" B/L, Rear air locker
Shrockworks bar & sliders, Full skid plates
4.24:1 t-case
 WAZUKS member - visit http://www.wazuks.com

Offline Carnage

• If you only knew the POWER...
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2007, 07:29:23 PM »
as said the GTI and GT are the same but the GTI is slightly lighter. any GT is a fun car! I've had two. they scream to 7000 RPM easily and if you put some 15" rims and low pro tires 195-45-15 I had it will corner unreal. I picked up a header and it helped as well. check out www.teamswift.net

ive heard that, that forum isnt as "nice" as this one  :-\

It was so childish, what made it worse was the sites owners and operators were equally rude, arrogant and immature.  It was the most idiotic web forum experience I've ever had.  Avoid that joke of a site.

sorry that happened to you.  terrible when people make you feel that youre not a person too