Hello Guest

Calmini 2" suspension or RR 2.5 suspension lift

• 8 Replies

jsserene

Calmini 2" suspension or RR 2.5 suspension lift
« on: September 24, 2007, 08:44:14 PM »
 I have a 1992 Tracker 2 door and plan on installing a suspension lift. I am wondering the pros and cons of each. I know that the Calmini's has a rougher ride, however I do like their control arms. I am not planning on rock climbing but I would like a good off road vehicle.  Also, which size tires would be best for this size lift. I might ad a 2" body lift if I need more lift.

Jeff

Offline HotRod

• 95 Tracker
    • cardomain.
Re: Calmini 2" suspension or RR 2.5 suspension lift
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 10:26:47 PM »
From what I've heard here.
2"inch suspinion lift is a good ride while the 3"inch is stiffer.
You can always add a 1"inch spacer to the Calmini 2"inch to make it a 3+inch lift.
Or just believe you really want as much lift as you can get and get the 3"inch.
If ya gonna lift it.
Go big.
Here, SIZE does matter ;) ;D
95 2dr Geo Tracker with Calmini 6"inch combo lift, 32'inch BFGs M/Tlocked and loaded--D.D is my 06 Racy RED Aerio SX AWD

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 07:47:35 AM »
If you like getting migrane headaches, just order Zook parts from vendors with GREEN webpages. ::)

Offline museboy07

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 09:43:32 AM »
Green webpages?  What sites would you be referring to?
1994 Tracker, 2in Ironman springs w/ 1in spacers on top, soon to have custom diff drop brackets, 31x10.5-15 All Tarrains, Pro Comp long travel shocks, KYB performance struts, strut mount flip w/2in extensions, 3in rear a-arm spacer, ...DD

Offline Zukipilot

• stretch the limits of reality!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 10:02:26 AM »
HotRod is correct. The Calmini 2" lift does ride much better than the 3" system. I have no experiance with the RRO kit but I can tell ya that the Clamini holds up under hard use. The original 2" lift I had on my Kick is still in use on Diggers X-90.

Zig
Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick

Silver Lake

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 10:45:00 AM »
I have been running a calmini 2 inch lift on my 95 tracker for two years.The only problem I have had is they do not replace the front springs. My 235s rubbed on the rear of the fenders. I added 1inch ome front springs to cure the problem. I still have a pretty rough ride, mainly because they use the same rear springs for two and four doors . Next project is to replace the rear springs with ome's I run mainly on sand dunes and it does make a world of difference in its ability off road. Calmini quality is hard to top, but their additude towards customers leaves a little to be desired

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 11:54:01 AM »
Green webpages?  What sites would you be referring to?

Hawk has a green banner, do you think that counts?
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline Mikerpm4x4

• Redline... all the time!
    • www.rpm4x4.com
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 07:32:25 PM »
Next project is to replace the rear springs with ome's I run mainly on sand dunes and it does make a world of difference in its ability off road.

The Calmini rear springs are close to the stock size so if its riding rough in the rear change the shocks out with a rancho 9000 that has the same length.

Mike
If your not living life to the fullest then your not living at all.

You wont really know if your wrong till your upsidedown

jsserene

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 07:54:46 PM »
So it sounds like the Calmini's 2" suspension is more popular than 2.5" RR.  What size tires can you fit under a 2 door with a 2" lift or a 2" suspension lift with a 2" body lift.

Jeff