Hello Guest

input needed/ possible production of trackkick rear bumpers...

• 5 Replies

Offline Joe S.

• ZUKIWORLD Rocks!!
input needed/ possible production of trackkick rear bumpers...
« on: September 24, 2007, 08:17:36 PM »
i have talked a friend into building a rear plate bumper with or without tire carrier for a 4 door. he is willing to sell these as people need them. what i need from you is an idea of what you are all looking for in a bumper. obviously strength, but what else. the material will most likely be made from 3/16" plate.

what options would you want? what would you guys be willing to pay for a rear bumper with tire carrier? what about without? drings? hitch mounts? design? what else?

the one who will be making these can be found here:
www.whiterhinofab.com
Zuks are more than a hobby.

Offline museboy07

Re: input needed/ possible production of trackkick rear bumpers...
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 08:37:26 PM »
I'd like to see some for the 2 door.  It seems more people have 2 doors then 4 doors.  I would just like a strong plate bumper with tire carrier to fit a 32in tire.  If he can make and sell them for like 300 bucks then people would be all over them just cause the next best thing is calminis bumper with tire carrier but that cost BIG $$
1994 Tracker, 2in Ironman springs w/ 1in spacers on top, soon to have custom diff drop brackets, 31x10.5-15 All Tarrains, Pro Comp long travel shocks, KYB performance struts, strut mount flip w/2in extensions, 3in rear a-arm spacer, ...DD

Offline olija

• Check out my cardomain
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 09:13:23 PM »
I'm not saying I'd buy it, because I'm a cheap Dutchman, but I think it's a viable option. Right now I'm running the stock inner bumpers because I was tired of trashing the plastic covers and I can't say it looks GREAT, but it gets the job done. They're definitely not bomb-proof by any means though. I'd just like to see something simple like a double tube bumper. Cheap, light and easy to make. Relatively strong but not an anchor. If it had a 2" receiver built into it that would be awesome too.
97 Sidekick 4door 5 speed, 1.5 spacer lift, 2" body lift, CJ rims, locked rear, 31's, 4:1 low <SOLD>
01 Vitara 2.0L 5 speed, 2.5" Calmini lift, 2" body lift, Sidekick rims, locked rear, 31's, 4:1 low, 5.13 diffs <SOLD>
03 XL7 2.7 5 speed, 4.5" AE lift with OME springs, 2" AE body lift, 5.13 diffs, 3:1 low, 235/80R17 BFG AT's on Ultra 17x8 with 1" spacers, skid plates, Balmer Fab front bumper

Offline LilRed

• Webshots Photopage
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 05:51:35 AM »
I don't need a 4 door either, and I'm cheap so not saying I'm willing to replace my homemade bumper yet but if I did, I'd prefer a plate bumper, as light as possible yet hold up to abuse well.  Would like great departure angles and wrap just enough to protect the rear body corners.  But most importantly . . . it must have a 2" reciever!!
some clips from The Wishbone Ranch
http://www.youtube.com/user/KyLilRed

Offline Joe S.

• ZUKIWORLD Rocks!!
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 06:51:44 AM »
2 door bumpers are definately an option too... there are just more options out there for the 2 door than the 4 door, but he will definately be able to work something out there too, if we can get enough people willing to buy. 300 without a tire carrier i could see... not sure about with tho. maybe 300 for a basic bumper and add hitch and tow points for more...

Offline Joe S.

• ZUKIWORLD Rocks!!
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 08:05:21 PM »
my guy is gonna go ahead with this. i have found one zuker that is wanting one. he will start designing it now and get on to the construction of it after zuwharrie when he can use mine tracker for a template. i talked with him today and kinda got together a rough price list.

i would imagine material will be 3/16". he can make it out of 1/8" if weight is a concern. styling will be complimentary of the front shrock bumper available for kicks now.

for a basic rear bumper with only plate (no clevis points, hitch, tire carrier or any accessory), you will be looking at about 275 bucks.

to add clevis mounts, you will be looking at an additional 35 dollars. these will be at least 1/2" thick, not the thin ones like are found on some bumpers.

to add a hitch, you will be looking at an additional 40 bucks.

he can cut out a spot for rear lights too and add a tab to mount the light if you want. probably only about 10 for this.

tire carrier will be about 200 dollars. i am sure that hilift and jerry can mounts could be had for an additional fee as well.

if you want all of the above options, you can get the loaded bumper for 500. (hilift and jerry can mounts not included.)

shipping is not included in the pricing. once he gets mine done, i can show you the quality of work. i wish we had time to get it done before zuwharrie... but if i get that, i wont be able to make the event...

if anyone is interested, pm me and i will get you in touch with him. we can make a 2 door model too, but as of now, the only person to commit to one besides myself is a guy that owns a 4 door.

mods, if this is not an appropriate post, please delete it. i just thought everyone would be happy to know we have now got someone who is willing to build these bumpers for us!