Hello Guest

Samuari losing power sometimes?

• 2 Replies

cforand1293

Samuari losing power sometimes?
« on: September 19, 2007, 07:44:51 PM »
So I just bought an 86 sammi. I have had it for 3 weeks and I am losing power sometimes. It's happened 3 times. Here is what seems to happen. I can be driving down the road and when I shift down to go around a conner and get back into it, the sammi starts to bog down. Almost like I am in the wrong gear. I can have the pedal to the floor and the engine tries to pull, but it just has a hard time, reving up and down. If I am in fourth gear I have enough to keep rolling, but if I am in second I have to pull over to get out of the way. If I stop and give it 10 mins or so it seems to clear up. I let it warm up before I drive it and it can happen at any point. Any thoughts what it may be? The is my first sammi and I love it. I plan to use it hunting this year.

Offline mrfuelish

• you must have a perception problem.
Re: Samuari losing power sometimes?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 10:00:47 PM »
Sounds like carb probs, is the rig all stock? carb? exhaust?fuel filter? check the oil level and does it smell like gas?
1987,1988,1988,1990 samurai's,  1953 m38a1,  1996 x-90,blue.1996 x-90 red.1994 2 door tracker.   only Dead Fish go with the flow.                No Hairy Nosed Wombats were ran over on the trail today.       My ZUK is Xenophobic.

Offline john1974

• http://zuknation.net
    • Zuknation
Re: Samuari losing power sometimes?
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 08:22:42 AM »
Ya I would look into the carb, could be a float problem.  check the fuel filter, then run some seas foam thru the carb, and in the tank... then spray with carb cleaner real good all the springs, and linkages on the carb... It gets dusty, and gunked up pretty fast I do this a couple times a year on mine.

*Image Removed* [/URL]  *Image Removed* [/URL]