Hello Guest

Masterkit1 body lift... anyone have it?

• 10 Replies

Offline ngrover

Masterkit1 body lift... anyone have it?
« on: September 05, 2007, 09:43:37 PM »
I notice masterkit1 lists a new body lift for our generation of suzuki! ..... even better it says it includes bumpber relocation bits that don't require welding. Anyone tried this kit?

http://tinyurl.com/2qrejm
2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara, 5spd. 2.5 inch lift, 225/75R16 AT's

nprecon

Re: Masterkit1 body lift... anyone have it?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 05:59:08 AM »
No I haven't tried it, but I have read the hell out of their advertisement.  I wrote Pierre about one week and asked him what his kit provides for the strut brace (across the engine) and asked would it affect the strut brace.   He responded same day and stated the one inch coil spacer would not affect the strut brace so it was not an issue.

It appears they have a quality product, but I'm leaning towards going with a spring kit so I haven't pursued this route farther.  The other point I noticed is Canada really pounds their commerce with VAT taxes.   I feel sorry for our wheelers who have to receive gear through their border.  I have read a couple of statements concerning this in the threads.  I get it.  If I opted to go the Masterkit1 route, I'd be tempted to just drive to Quebec and have them install it as well.  The savings on the tax would pay for the gas (not the install of course).

Norm

Offline jeff1997

• Suzuki: A Jeep thing only cheaper!!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 02:02:26 PM »
I have the 3" version of this kit on my 97 4dr. Sidekick Sport. The kit was of good quality and pretty easy to install. I'm not sure how similar the 2 kits would be, but their quality should be the same.
1997 4dr. Sidekick Sport 1.8L DOHC
2" coil spacers- I make and sell 1.5" and 2" on e-bay.  Look under seller: hoepkers
3" Masterkit1 body lift
Custom strut spacers
31/11.50/16 Super Swamper LTB's w/1.5" wheel spacers Steel bumpers Custom cold air intake 2" exhaust w/cherry bomb 98 Expedition, 2" lift, 35's, Magnaflow exhaust - BIG BLUE

Offline Jeff@TireBalls

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 04:24:19 PM »
I'm I reading that correctly? $340 for a body lift???   :o
2000 Grand Vitara Limited, 2" lift, 225/75-16 BFG KO's, 5.12 gears, Safari snorkel, roof rack.
1987 Samurai LWB, VW 1.9 Turbo Diesel.

Offline jeff1997

• Suzuki: A Jeep thing only cheaper!!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 06:11:38 PM »
HOLY COW!!! I had no idea they cost that much. I bought mine second hand off ebay with 4-1.5" coil spacers for $130. I guess I got the deal of the year. The kit I got was a Masterkit1, and like stated before is good quality, but not $340 good
1997 4dr. Sidekick Sport 1.8L DOHC
2" coil spacers- I make and sell 1.5" and 2" on e-bay.  Look under seller: hoepkers
3" Masterkit1 body lift
Custom strut spacers
31/11.50/16 Super Swamper LTB's w/1.5" wheel spacers Steel bumpers Custom cold air intake 2" exhaust w/cherry bomb 98 Expedition, 2" lift, 35's, Magnaflow exhaust - BIG BLUE

Offline ngrover

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 07:13:52 PM »
I believe it's more than just hockey pucks:

"Our lift kit 2" has all the extensions and brackets necessary to complete the installation. The lift kit has stabilisation bar and steering bar extensions, as well as brackets for the break line, front bumper and rear bumper."

What I'm particularly curious about is the bumper relocation brackets. I've seen a lot of people going to extremes with welders in order to relocate their bumpers and so I'm wondering how they achieved this:

"Absolutely no welding whatsoever is needed to complete the installation."

The Rocky Road body lift with steering extension would cost me $193.07 Canadian to my door after shipping, tax, duty and currency conversion. The masterkit would cost $142 ($134 USD) more but would include brake, bumper, swaybar hardware.... I think that is reasonable especially for someone that doesn't have a welder to relocate their bumpers. Basically, for the price of a pair of spidertrax wheel-spacers, you get a bit more hardware. My question then is more to do with the quality etc and if steel spacers make more sense then rocky roads.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 07:25:59 PM by ngrover »
2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara, 5spd. 2.5 inch lift, 225/75R16 AT's

Offline Davyboy

• I eat CR-Vs and Rav4s! Mmmmm...yummy little AWDs!
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 09:25:20 AM »
It's worth it if it includes relocation brackets for the bumpers.  If you're hiring somebody to do the body lift, it'll take them some time to relocate them.
1999 Grand Vitara w/CALMINI Suspension and RRO Body Lift, 31" Goodyear MTR tires, Skidplates, 5.12 Diffs with a Lock-Right in the rear.

Offline r3cc0s

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 10:04:50 PM »
Ngrover and I will have to spend the weekend installing this kit me tinks!

woot!
03' 2.0L CAMI Tracker w/ 1.5" Front Spacers, 2" Rear Spacers, 1 & 1/4" poly-rubber rear spacer w/ hose clamps, Monroe Crown Vic interceptor rear shocks,1/4" bumpstop extenders, 1.5" strut Extenders, removal of sway bar and strut bar + plenty of cutting for 245/75/16 Goodyear MTRs

wezeles

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 07:17:41 AM »
i asked them about there kit too and by far it is the better body lift kit, they do include everything  and have nothing but praise on there feedback, but there combo kit body and coil spacers is garbage... its just 1 1/8th metal coil spacers and shock extenders i believe for 400u.s. 500 if you want a skid plate aswell,  if they ever got a better coil lift kit i would go with them for sure, something atleast 1.5 inches in poly not steal with strut extender and new shocks...

wezeles

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2007, 07:21:54 AM »
i even asked rocky road how much it would be to get a kit like masterkit,complete no welding all the relocation brackets and hardware...
they said no one makes it... i told him he better watch out for the new competition...lol     

for all the praise i have seen them get for the body kit its worth it, specially if you dont have a welder or time to have your vehical off the road for long this is everything you need in one box... you will pay more but minus the cost of buying or renting a welding and figure in the time you will save id say go for it if you got the cash

Offline bzzr2

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2007, 08:37:50 AM »
i have the rr bl and it's also fine, if these guys had the kit when i bought mine i would have went with theirs as they are closer to home but......  sure, it might look nicer to have the plastic bumpers in place but if you are really wheeling your rig they are just going to pop off and so on, is the extra money and time worth it for plastic crap that tears off??  in my opinion no, does it look nicer yes!  i actually ripped the metal rear bumper off by hooking it onto a stump somehow, tore the metal...!  now, maybe cause my rig is black and so are the metal bumpers it doesn't look soo bad? 
03-ZR2, 2dr, 31x10.5 SSR's & stuff...--sold :-(
03 xl7, jeff's 2inch spacer lift, 225/75/16's; sold
09 taco reg cab short box 4x4