Hello Guest

how much would you pay?

• 7 Replies

sanco

how much would you pay?
« on: August 21, 2007, 07:25:51 PM »
i posted this in the other suzuki site but im wondering what you guys think since people here seem to appreciate modifications and what it takes to do them more not to mention take pride in them.

well i have been playing around with the idea of selling my GV because i really want a P71 and i wanted that car ever since it came out. well to get to the point, i am wondering just how much i could get for the ride or how much would you be willing to pay for it. yes i know blue book crap but lets get real, who the hell looks at that stuff anyway. so here is my sales pitch.

the car is a 1999 suzuki grand vitara with just over 93000 miles. the following upgrades were done to the car: new a/c unit installed, new O2 sensor, brakes half life, new bridgestone oem tires (the ones that came with it not the cheap shit), thule roof rack, aftermarket infinity speakers, aftermarket alpine cd radio with mp3 and auxilary capability, JL audio subwoofer system (3 10inch W1 subs with 500-1 amplifier), 8000k xenon conversion on the headlights, tinted windows (professionally done), calmini front grille guard, piaa 540 series lights,viper security with keyless (2 remotes), aftermarket air filter, batery was replaced, regular maintenance/oil change/flush/tuneup on the vehicle with available proof of EVERY single service and oil changed and it was changed regullarly never late on it, all the factory recal info was fixed, i am the only owner and it was a family car before it was handed down to me. the car has a new belt but because ass holes installed wrong type it squeels (verry rare but it happens for about a second and goes away) but i can replace that if its a huge deal. the vehicle also passed the emmisions without problems. the interior is excelent, exterior has few scratches that you cant really even see (regular stuff for a car that old). there is no major damage or even minor, no mechanical problems, no rust, drives excelent and pulls like hell.

also never ever smoked in, the car was my first car so i babied the hell out of it as you can see with the amount of mods i did to it.

and make sure to check out my garage for the pictures, please let me know because i am really interested. also let me know price you would pay with and without the subwoofers. also if someone is willing to trade for a crown vic let me know

and just so you know the prices od the mods
radio was 170 with equipment
speakers 200
sub system with amp and stuff 1700 or more
viper alarm system 300
piaa lights 230
calmini grille 300
thule 150ish
so thats over 3050 in upgrades

and i am not counting the mechanical parts replaced but you know how much all the mechanical crap would cost you especially O2 sensor, tires, and a/c unit

Offline AJMBLAZER

• Your mom.
Re: how much would you pay?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 04:44:09 PM »
http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/PricingReport.aspx?ManufacturerId=48&YearId=1999&VehicleClass=UsedCar&VehicleId=OC8yNS8yMDA3fDYwMzU%3d&PriceType=Private+Party&ModelId=289&Mileage=93000&SelectionHistory=6035%7c4010%7c49684%7c0%7c0%7c230341%7ctrue%7c230332%7cfalse%7c230355%7ctrue%7c230362%7ctrue%7c230405%7ctrue%7c230429%7ctrue%7c230448%7ctrue%7c230461%7ctrue&Condition=Good&QuizConditions=0

Dunno if that works but KBB has usually proven to be close to real market value for me.  In the result above I said it was a JLX with an automatic trans since you didn't specify either way.  If it isn't one or both of those subtract a bit.

If it's as clean as you say I'd ask $5000 and try to get no less than $4500.  If I was buying it I'd go in with an offer of $4000 and try not to go over $4500.

The thing with aftermarket components is very few of them actually add significant value.  Same with vehicle maintenance.  It's supposed to have an air filter and working brakes so why should I care if you paid $400 for the air intake setup and just spent $400 on a brake job.  As long as they work and are there most people won't care about what you did unless you find an enthusiast.

You might try taking the rack off.  Just screams wind drag to a lot of people.  I've found in the past that I could make more money by removing aftermarket components that didn't need to be on it and then selling them separately than by trying to get the buyer to spend more on the vehicle WITH those parts.
Last fall I sold my lifted '96 Ford Ranger 4x4.  I ended up removing the toneau cover, spare 33" tire, factory maintenance manuals, and a better suspension lift from the deal because the kid I sold it to's dad wasn't willing to pay any extra for them.  So they got the Ranger for $750 less than I was asking, $250 less than I was expecting, and then I turned around and sold all that stuff for a combined total of a little over $400.

Also don't list the prices of the add-ons in your ad.  Makes a lot of people shy away because they believe that you are going to try and get as much money out of the vehicle to make up for the money you've spent.  If it's a nice, clean, well taken care of vehicle sell it as that and when they show up impress them with the extras and care you have put into it.  Otherwise sell what you can take off and dump the pig.  Most people don't give a rat's |removethispart|@ss about the subs and system, bright headlights, fog lamps, grill guard, roof rack, or even the recent job as long as it looks nice, stops and goes well, and starts and turns off correctly.

sanco

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 05:46:48 PM »
you know what that also just came to my head today, maybe to remove the grille guard, piaas, roof rack, sub system...sell them separatelly because like you said i could probably get more for them than just what i am expecting.  good call man!!!

Offline AJMBLAZER

• Your mom.
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 06:53:30 PM »
Oh yeah, I ran that KBB for my area.  You might want to put your zip in and see if that changes things.  In some places you can't give these things away and in others they're popular.

Offline benzr2

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 08:00:26 PM »
I am interested in the grill guard.
2001 Tracker ZR2 235/75/15 ATs       1987 Samurai Tin Top     New Project!!

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 04:46:08 AM »
*in my best Chef's Dads voice*

How about tree fiddy?

Offline Jeff@TireBalls

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 06:24:55 AM »
Where are you located?
2000 Grand Vitara Limited, 2" lift, 225/75-16 BFG KO's, 5.12 gears, Safari snorkel, roof rack.
1987 Samurai LWB, VW 1.9 Turbo Diesel.

sanco

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 12:18:04 PM »
im in chicago, i decided to sell it on the street without the system since most people dont give a crap about it.  i am not taking off the grille guard since most people i talked to seem to be more interested in it with it on.  i put a final price for it at 5900 and hopefully someone will like it enough to go for it, especially since i have all the maintenance records.  its not bad since most dealers around here and private partys are selling it around that price or a tad bit lower.  i just need to get rid of it as soon as possible because im picking up the new ride next weeked.  if any of you guys know anyone that might be interested let me know....the only thing that is making it tough right now is that the O2 sensor just went out and its giving me check enging light and kinda hard to convince people that its only that.  talk about bad timing.  but yea guys any help is appreciated!

o and just be carefull when selling anything over craigslist, i almost fell into a fraud case, just the check had way too many things wrong with it so i got lucky.