Hello Guest

tracker running rough

• 2 Replies

Offline waiukeaboi

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
tracker running rough
« on: April 08, 2007, 10:00:54 PM »
Hello everyone
I have a problem that I cant seem to figure out. I have a 1998 chevy tracker with a 6inch calmini lift on it and I have a 1.6 16valve in it. The problem is that when I drive on the street it runs fine but as soon as I hit a bump it starts to miss and then runs fine again. It also happens when I drive on the sand. It is so bad on the sand that it cant even go forward cause it just misses and backfires. The weird thing is that it only does it in forward and not in reverse and the idle is fine if I put it in neutral or park. It also does it when I hold the gas and brake in any forward gear. I thought that it was the exhaust so I changed that and I also put new spark plugs. Any help would be helpful. ??? ???

Offline derekj

• i'm the canadian guy eh?
Re: tracker running rough
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 11:56:59 PM »
i would be looking for a wiring problem - wires rubbing against firewall or bad grounds from the engine to body. sounds like something is shorting out and sending the computer wrong signals.

derek
91 Sidekick jx
2" BDS supension lift
2" BDS body lift
1" Coil spacers
32" TSL's and some other stuff I did And now with a Lockrite!  www.cardomain.com/memberpage/783382

Offline waiukeaboi

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
Re: tracker running rough
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 12:37:50 AM »
Thats what I am thinking cause it happened after I put the lift on. I think I may have stretched a wire to much when I jacked it up to put the bodylift on.