• 4 Replies

Offline skandy32

• Zukiworld Rocks!
    • Andy Colver Photography
saggy springs
« on: December 26, 2006, 08:45:10 AM »
i think... ?

1994 swb vitara/tracker/sidekick

i popped in spring spacers/shock extensions/struts  in the summer, and i've done alot of offroading with 4 people seated. Now it seems i'm blinding everyone on low beam on the roads and it doesnt look like the back sits not quite as high as the front, i can also feel the back end bottoming out easily on small bumps, even when i'm alone in it 4x4ing........so i'm guessing the rear springs have had it? Common problem? I guess it makes sense if i'm using it with a full load

What would you recommend to replace them with? just more from another (probably newer) swb?

What about lwb trackicks, are they any longer? stiffer?

Anyone got some they wanna sell on (uk would help)?

Thanks in advance
Andy
UK Vitara - 2" spring/shock spacers, 3" calmini body lift, 32x11.5x15" BFG MTs, rear half calmini exhaust/no cat, full Alpine ICE

http://www.andycolver.co.uk

Offline stock93tracker

Re: saggy springs
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 11:42:52 AM »
4 door springs provide about .5" of lift over swb springs.....  How much lift you got right now?? (any pics?  :P)  Ive heard and I think im goin to go with Grand Vitara rear springs soon..  The rears will give you like 2" of lift..  Maybe you could grab a set of these for the rear and take out the spring spacers (save them for later lift)

My springs settled in too after I put them on..  The rear almost went right back down to stock after a few weeks.  Threw in a spacer for the rear but, only have about 1.5" of lift right now (I got used Boondox springs all around, suppose to be 2" of lift all round but, the rears sank almost to stock)
93 Geo Tracker
-15 x 7 Rims , 235/75/R15s tires
-2" Lift

Offline Rhinoman

• Bend it, Break it, Fix it
    • Rhinoman
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 12:28:02 PM »
If the springs become fully compressed before the shocks (not good) or before the suspension hits the bump stops then they will sag. You may need to extend the bump stops to prevent this from happening again.
2000 Vitara 1.6, 3+3 Lift, 33"MTs, 5:83s, LWB brakes, Winch, Snorkel, Safari Rack
1986 SJ413K PickUp, 1.6L conversion.

OBD1 - Full diagnostics on a PC/Laptop: http://www.rhinopower.org

Offline skandy32

• Zukiworld Rocks!
    • Andy Colver Photography
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 03:05:54 PM »
i see, well, rhinoman solved why its happened in the first place.. i havent changed the bump stops so i guess the wheels are travelling too high for the springs :(

I'll look around and slavage some rear springs then. thanks for the help guys  :)
UK Vitara - 2" spring/shock spacers, 3" calmini body lift, 32x11.5x15" BFG MTs, rear half calmini exhaust/no cat, full Alpine ICE

http://www.andycolver.co.uk

Offline W.O.T

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 08:19:25 PM »
i have the same problem.  my samurai has jeep wrangler leaf springs with the stock bump stops.  i didnt think it was possible for a little samurai to waste jeep leafs but the ones on the front of my samurai are shot.  it has lots of articulation but i guess i flexed them a little to much