Hello Guest

Lifting the ol' Sidekick

• 5 Replies

Offline junkman

• Old stuff is OK
Lifting the ol' Sidekick
« on: August 29, 2006, 11:56:26 AM »
Hello All,

Man, I have been looking at all the postings on how and how much work is involved in lifting a Sidekick. I want to get about 5" of total lift on this thing for some 31's and I want to maintain somewhat of a decent ride as I drive it to work sometimes. (114 mile roundtrip per day) I am not particularly fascinated with body lifts and would prefer this to be done on the suspension. Please don't tell me to get a Calmini catalog because that stuff is way too expensive for me. I do however have access to lots of scrap metal and can weld and engineer. Any suggestions from anyone? If there is a safe do-it-yourself way I would like to know. (If my ol' kick fell apart and I wrecked and got hurt, it would really piss off the grandkids.) Thanks for any help you can give me.

Junkman
One man's junk is parts for another man's 'kick!

Offline RJkick

Re: Lifting the ol' Sidekick
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 12:43:07 PM »
Here are some home grown.  Another good reference and group of Zuk enthusiasts

http://bbs.zuwharrie.com/content/topic,44130.0.html
92 Sidekick 1.6L 16v Calmini\OME 4.5" lift 3" Body Lift OME962 springs in front w\.75" spacers OME955 in rear w\1.75" spacers Extreme Duty Strut Eliminator kit and rear ProComp MX6 Shocks 31X10.50 Nexen M\T   Thorley Header   2" exhaust  Calmini front truss bar and stabilizer and skids   Custom Bumpers and Rock Rails  Limit Straps

Offline kirknd4spd

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 04:01:30 AM »
http://www.zukiworld.com/month_030104/feature_sidekickbudgetlift.htm
check out this link. i think its a 2" lift, but you could combine that with some custom fabrication, and coil spacers, and have a good, cheap lift. its worth a try
89 Sidekick - 2 door soft top, 1.6, auto, 4x4, 3" suspension lift, 31x10.50's on 15x8 Mickey Thompsons, long tube header

Offline junkman

• Old stuff is OK
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 04:38:01 AM »
http://www.zukiworld.com/month_030104/feature_sidekickbudgetlift.htm
check out this link. i think its a 2" lift, but you could combine that with some custom fabrication, and coil spacers, and have a good, cheap lift. its worth a try

Thanks for the info!

Offline kirknd4spd

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 11:34:55 PM »
let us know what you end up doing, and how much you spend. good luck!
89 Sidekick - 2 door soft top, 1.6, auto, 4x4, 3" suspension lift, 31x10.50's on 15x8 Mickey Thompsons, long tube header

Offline junkman

• Old stuff is OK
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 05:43:48 AM »
let us know what you end up doing, and how much you spend. good luck!

Thanks for all the replies. I will let you know what happens. I knew that old F-150 would come in handy for something! Anybody ever deal with All Foreign Auto Parts (all4n.com) in OH, IN, KY, MI?

Junkman