Hello Guest

cam cover bolt tightening?

• 0 Replies

Offline SiKiD_01

• Fully Sik, Flying Vit.
cam cover bolt tightening?
« on: February 07, 2005, 09:07:45 PM »
i had a look at my motor today, in hope to find out what is wrong and if anything needs replacing.

i degearsed as much as the motor i could, seeing as it was all covered in oil, and i took the cam cover off to replace the seal. but the front 2 of the 4 bolts werent as tight as the rear 2.

i took off the cover replaced the seal, and put the cover back.

but now, i'm still not sure how tight the bolts need to be, i did them all up to roughly what the tightest one was before i took the cover off, and a bit more. i will be getting a torque wrench tomorrow so i can know what torque to do them up to. does anyone have this number?

i'm not keen on pulling the motor out, but if its major, then i might have to.

and another thing too, if its the head gasket, how hard is it to change it? should i check for warpage too on the head? i'm not too experienced in this area, and its all a learning experience.

also, i had a go at the philips head screws which hold the rocker arms in, i think, and the rear 2 were a 1/4 turn loose, and the front 2 were only a tad, but the rest in between were tight as.  

is there a run down and a step by step for dummies/newbs as to how to pull your motor apart? (hopefully with no extra parts left over.)

thanks
Steve
1989 Suzuki Vitara... Stock Standard

something closer to home: www.DARWIN4X4.net[/url]

outerlimits4x4.com = Great Tech, Bad Influence