« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2005, 01:06:00 AM »
That is good to know ;D
Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick

Offline Autobot

• Danger Can Happen!
Re: Need physiological help making up my mind
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2005, 03:30:10 AM »
 I know it's not practical and not trailworthy, but I still think that thing looks SWEET! That would make an awesome show truck.  ;) I'd like to see more pictures if you can get them CZ.
Got Tracker?
2000 2dr. convertible, stock.

Offline hcgalvin

• Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.
    • Granite Path
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2005, 03:50:41 AM »
I found a guy closer to me that will do a SAS on my truck using  FJ80 axles and drop in a 30 over built Buick V-6, turbo 350 trans, and a 203 T-case, Tuned port dual exhaust, Nerf bars, Ladder bars and 5 New 15x12 Eagle alloys & 46" Mickey Thompson Claws,  and over 10 New 3000 series shocks. Is this too much for someone that wants a truck that can go swamping or playing at Moab? Here's a photo of a truck the guy has already built, mine will look basically the same except with my bumpers and winch.

I don't think with over 10 shocks, that you are going to flex very well. You also don't have any room to flex with those 46's.

;)

but, FJ80 axles are are good choice!!
Heather Galvin
2005 GV with Zuki Nation 4.5" Lift.
Sidekick's gone... Still have Bob's Knob.

Offline Bobzooki

• Web Wheeler
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2005, 04:18:18 AM »
You also don't have any room to flex with those 46's.

How much flex do you need at the mall ???
Bob

Tahoe 24' Fish-N-Fun Tritoon
115 HP Mercury outboard

Offline jagular7

• Jagular7
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2005, 05:36:57 AM »

Actually, this is incorrect.

If you are in compliance with the laws in the state where the vehicle is licensed, the local police CAN NOT cite you for violation of their laws.  Well they can harass you, but they can't ticket you.

Not to pick, but I didn't say anything about a ticket. Yes, the police will harass you and make you actually take the vehicle off the concrete and not drive it. I've see it happen in VA, NC, PA, NJ, etc. In Moab all the time. Even in central CO when there is no windshields.....

Did you know the 94 and up Dodge trucks, in first coming out, were outlawed in PA due to the configuration of the tires and bumpers, stock right off the dealer lot? PA had bumper height laws which these wouldn't pass. The legislature in PA quickly rectified the situation in about 3 months.....LOL.
Lenexa, KS

Offline jagular7

• Jagular7
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2005, 05:38:58 AM »
Although I also know a few which had their truck impounded and had to spend 4 days getting it out. Red tape is surely a bitch. The few also had wild-hair a$% mouths which really didn't help any. As they spoke knowing what/which law, etc. the police just took what they wanted and could care less. They still haven't learned....I have though......
Lenexa, KS

Offline Bobzooki

• Web Wheeler
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2005, 05:42:54 AM »
I've see it happen in VA, NC, PA, NJ, etc. In Moab all the time.

A very good reason not to live East of the Mississippi River!  I've never had a problem in Moab, and while my vehicle is legal in Colorado, it is not legal in Utah.  There must be some things that the Moab LEO's are more particular about than others.  Shoot, I've seen tube buggies rolling down the street in Moab.
Bob

Tahoe 24' Fish-N-Fun Tritoon
115 HP Mercury outboard

Offline mesjr2004

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2005, 12:23:19 PM »
look wear the shocks are mounted in the front!! i bet that thing doesnt have 6'' of wheel travel!! my shocks are mounted wear the strut tower wasthoes are barely above the frame they must be so short to keep the tires out of the fenders.

defently a posers ride,but it does look cool.

i would stick with zook drivetrain also,if yuo want a v6 get a zook v6 and 37'' tires are plenty iff not to much imo

Offline Natebert

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2005, 08:39:56 AM »
...    Sort of like what Heather/Nate have done. Ideas are shared, so for them, going a little wider is what they wanted to do, rather than go smaller on lift and tires.

We went wider, really as a result 2 things.

1) Needed stronger axles.  Can't easily find narrow track beefy axles without going custom.

2) Tires did rub on frame at full flex.  1 or 2 inches per side additional width should take care of that.

We went taller for lots of reasons primarily to get more break over ground clearence.  Even with 35s on an IFS Track/Kick, you may only get a bit over a foot or more of ground clearence at the frame.  (horrible for a 4 door)

This sucks when driving over logs, or over tall humps, always dragging frame.  Not anymore.

~Nate
« Last Edit: February 08, 2005, 08:43:48 AM by natebert »