Hello Guest

Rocky Road coil kit

• 4 Replies

Offline cfantana

• I Love Samurai!!
Rocky Road coil kit
« on: June 08, 2006, 02:50:45 AM »
I need your opinions about this kit.The comportament onrod?ofroad?The suspension is soft?This kit is verry expansiv forr me and if i make a financiar efort to buy it i wanna to by sure abat this kit.I drive my samuray a lot onroad and in the weekend i go with my friends to drive offroad(mud and rocks).If you are  test this kit tell me your opinion. I intent to pu 33x12.5 Mt on my ZUK.Scuse-me for my bad english,i hope you understand wat i wanna say  ::)

Offline copperzuk

Re: Rocky Road coil kit
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 07:28:56 AM »
 I've had the 8inch kit for 3 years now. I relly like it for off road but don't think it would be good for every day onroad.  I run 175 pound springs but going heavier.  The springs it comes with are way to soft and body roll sucks. It's alot better with stiffer springs and still rides better then the leaf spring sami's I've been in.  There are alot of other things involved with this kit like driveshafts, brake lines and steering items. If you do it,  plan on some time for the install..  There may be better things for a street driver that are cheaper and eaiser to do.

Offline freakaccident

• Got beer?
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 07:32:35 AM »
I have the 8" kit on Toy axles.  It is soft and there is quite a bit of body roll but it doesn't bother me.  Once you get used to the body roll it's no big deal.  I could drive it daily but I can put up with a lot before being bothered. 

If I were you I would probably look at a SOA with YJs or something along those lines.  Better on road handling.
87 Samurai, coils, 35" boggers, etc.

Offline cfantana

• I Love Samurai!!
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 03:23:56 AM »
Thanks  ;)
I think SPOA is the solution.

Offline sj416 nz

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 04:21:40 AM »
I have the 8" (175lb 14" springs) and was my DD but
it is in the work shop get a toy box (hope fully with the RingerR)
and a few more goodies.
I also have now fitted 150lb 12" springs.
As soon as it is going it will be my DD.
it drove a lot better then the old calmini lift i had.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 01:47:31 AM by sj416 nz »
86 sj413
1.6 16 valve
5.14 t-case
32" simexs
airtec snorkel RRO coil kit toyota running gear 4.88