Hello Guest

fuel problems

• 5 Replies

Offline piggy

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
fuel problems
« on: June 08, 2006, 09:18:24 PM »
I have a 91 Suzuki sidekick. The  fuel pump died so I put a new one in and new filter and checked the injector . Try to start it but no fuel is getting past the injector. I tried a computer out of a 91 tracker and my relays (fuel and main) are clicking very rapidly. I put my old computer back in and it started briefly so I think the computer out of my tracker briefly gave it some gas. I tested the relays and they are both fine.  There is a black box behind my computer and I have no idea what it is.  I think it says K & M on it. I cannot find a code reader for my vehicle. Any idea where to find one and would it help me? Anyone out there got any ideas?

Offline pcguy

• 1996 Tracker 4x4
Re: fuel problems
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 09:31:48 PM »
Have you tried taking it to a Canadian Tire store and have them scan the obd codes? This might help you isolate the problem.

Offline CodeBlue

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 10:10:46 PM »
Could be a ground on the new fuel pump.

Offline Rhinoman

• Bend it, Break it, Fix it
    • Rhinoman
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 09:04:03 AM »
I would start by making sure that fuel is getting to the injector, if it isn't then check the wiring harness behind the drivers side rear light. Don't bother looking for a scanner, you don't need one. Download this troubleshooter instead, don't worry about the year being different.

http://www.suzukiinfo.com/vitara/1994-G-TestsWithCodes-1.6L-TBI.zip

2000 Vitara 1.6, 3+3 Lift, 33"MTs, 5:83s, LWB brakes, Winch, Snorkel, Safari Rack
1986 SJ413K PickUp, 1.6L conversion.

OBD1 - Full diagnostics on a PC/Laptop: http://www.rhinopower.org

Offline CodeBlue

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 09:25:32 AM »
when you turn the ignition on can you hear the fuel pump turn on at all?

Offline trackenator

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 09:04:25 PM »
had kinda the same problem on mine. pumpwould work,tracker would run(when i shot it with fluid) run for a long time shut it off then nothing, pulled tank  pump was fine. found out itwas corroded wire behind drivers side rear. just bypassed it(connecter) and tracker runs great now.