Hello Guest

Hey new member

• 1 Replies

Offline drrice

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
Hey new member
« on: May 22, 2006, 12:18:37 PM »
Hey so I am picking up my 1986 samurai (dont remember which edition) this coming week, and im new to the forum

I'm mainly a subaru guy but Im building my first truck, Car is completely stock for the most part and the motor runs strong

any recommendations to first preventive matinence? also I plan to turn this into a complete offroad capable and main thing is reliable beast.

I am interested in putting in Dana 44's, 60's or even a rockwell axle with top mounted drive shaft

First thing is SPOA, anything recommended to go along with this first mod? and what motor should I be looking out for? vortec v6's are popular I hear but I want something like a chevy or amc small block. I tend to over do things sometimes

Offline Rhinoman

• Bend it, Break it, Fix it
    • Rhinoman
Re: Hey new member
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 05:03:13 AM »
Welcome, there is a lot of information on the forum, have a play with the search button. Preventative maintenance - good service and don't forget the fuel filter. If you go SPOA then a Hi-Steer or similar linkage seems to be the way to go. Not many people here running big motors, usual swap is a 1.6L Track/Kick motor. Maybe not a big powerful engine but it hasn't got a lot of weight to shift.
2000 Vitara 1.6, 3+3 Lift, 33"MTs, 5:83s, LWB brakes, Winch, Snorkel, Safari Rack
1986 SJ413K PickUp, 1.6L conversion.

OBD1 - Full diagnostics on a PC/Laptop: http://www.rhinopower.org