Hello Guest

1.0 liter turbo swap into Kick

• 4 Replies

Offline chaze1385

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
1.0 liter turbo swap into Kick
« on: May 22, 2006, 01:37:59 AM »
Hey i am new to this forum,  but i am not new to turbo cars,  I just picked up an 89 sidekick to beat around in this summer,  great shape for $500. 
ANyway one of my other cars is an 87 chevy sprint turbo,  anyone familiar with these?  kind of rare.  It is a 1.0 liter 3 cylinder suzuki G10t fuel injected, turboed and intercooled rocket of an engine.  Base hp is about 80 and 105ftlb of torque,  more power is just a boost controller away.  My sprint is making close to 150hp i am guessing, and the great thing is the complete engine weighs under 100lbs.

ANyone ever considered swapping one of these into a sidekick?  Pretty sure it would bolt up to the tranny no problem.  Would also need the wiring harnees but that isnt that complicated.

Chad   

Offline hobgoblin

Re: 1.0 liter turbo swap into Kick
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 05:20:20 AM »
Hello,

I had one of those in high school,they are little rockets,but think the 1.6L would out run the 1.0L turbo.....but the turbo on the 1.6L with intercooler???Might have something there.Wild has a subaru turbo on his....I'm sure he will chime in...

Later Tom K.

Offline wildgoody

• Turbocharged 150HP 1.6L 8V 93MPH 1/4 mile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 07:42:12 AM »
1.0 won't fit the trans, fits a Sammy trans tho
Real Trucks Are Built, Not Bought,
And Chrome Don't Get Ya Home.  

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 08:47:33 AM »
1.0 won't fit the trans, fits a Sammy trans tho

Unless, you find the "magical" bell housing that was used 1 year in the '89 kicks with the 1.3 engine. That bellhousing will adapt a 1.0/1.3 to the Sidekick transmission.

Good luck....

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 02:25:30 PM »
I looked all over for a Turbo Spring/Swift/Firefly when I had my Metro Convertible...
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing