Hello Guest

Tacker 1.6 8V Runs Rich...

• 4 Replies

Offline DWiddowmaker

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
Tacker 1.6 8V Runs Rich...
« on: May 22, 2006, 07:31:32 AM »
Like the title says, 90 Tracker, 1.6, 8v. For the past few months I would be driving down the highway |removethispart|@ ~3,500 RPM, get on an off ramp, let off the gas without pushing in the clutch, and you would think someone fired a 12 gauge in my backseat. First time it happened I almost had to pull over and clean my shorts, anyhow enough about my shorts. I replaced a missing coolant temp. sensor for kicks, problem still there. Replaced MAP Sensor vacum hose, still there. Then Saturday I opened my hood with the little sewing machine (as my dads calls it) running and tried to actuate the EGR valve and nothing happened. So I took the EGR Valve off and it was FULL of black carbon and sludge, so I cleaned it out, lubed it up and bolted it back into place. I fired the little singer back up and it began to back fire every 3-5 seconds, $#!+ I yelled at the top of my lugs, and began kicking the truck! And just as I noticed my neighbor coming out to make sure I hadn't caught the garage on fire again, it leveled off. I drove it about 20 miles hot and cold and didn't backfire again so I hope that was all, but even after all of that I am still running rich. I can smell raw gas, how is it I can lean it out a little? Also I have a big pipe and cone filter for intake if that helps... and, oh man am I ashamed to say it but, 3 inch pipe and 40 Series Flowmaster for exhaust, I KNOW, I know, ok... The guy before me did it, and I haven't had the money to replace it yet...  ;D

Offline wildgoody

• Turbocharged 150HP 1.6L 8V 93MPH 1/4 mile
Re: Tacker 1.6 8V Runs Rich...
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 07:44:47 AM »
O2 sensor is probably bad, should
take a 1 wire type, about $30 
Real Trucks Are Built, Not Bought,
And Chrome Don't Get Ya Home.  

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Offline SunrunnerGT

• 1994 Pontiac Sunrunner GT and 1996 X90
    • Aaron's Suzuki
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 03:50:49 PM »
I have the exact some engine and the some problem, I had my 02 sencore changed but I still have the same problem  ???
Sunrunner GT, Gold Trim Level

Offline wildgoody

• Turbocharged 150HP 1.6L 8V 93MPH 1/4 mile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 07:56:35 PM »
Bosch sensors seem to have problems,
I got a DOA Bosch O2, drove me nuts,
thinking it must something else becasue
"I just changed that" but ended up finding
it when I installed a mixture meter.

Wild
Real Trucks Are Built, Not Bought,
And Chrome Don't Get Ya Home.  

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Offline Quaddawg

• Flex and Ground Clearance is HIGHLY overrated!!
    • My Ebay Store
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 08:01:07 PM »
No doubt, it's aggravating as hell to get a bad part, and it happens all the time. I have had it happen twice with Bosch O2 sensors, and a couple of times with fuel pumps and  once with a crank sensor on my vehicle and a cam sensor on a buddies ride..   and this is all recently...  ::)AGGRAVATING..

It sure sounds like an O2 sensor to me too.

1996 Tracker Daily Driver, "The Flea"

Clicke HERE for Specs and Pics[/url]