Hello Guest

Transmission question

• 4 Replies

Offline clarkj

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
Transmission question
« on: May 03, 2006, 02:09:19 PM »
Hi, I am having trans. problems on my '96 Sidekick and want to know what years of Trackers/'Kicks have a 5spd that is interchangable with my '96.  It is a 4x4 with the 1.6 16V engine and is a 4 door.  Thanks for the help.

Offline wildgoody

• Turbocharged 150HP 1.6L 8V 93MPH 1/4 mile
Re: Transmission question
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 02:55:55 PM »
89 thru 97 or 98 at least will work.
Some splines have been different
counts, so watch for compatability
Real Trucks Are Built, Not Bought,
And Chrome Don't Get Ya Home.  

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Offline CodeBlue

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 12:17:58 AM »
what type of problems you having? i have tried syncro mess and seems to help alot also lucis oil will work on some noises.

Offline clarkj

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 01:29:42 PM »
My trouble is that my transmission is whining pretty bad in every gear except 4th.  I am sure that new bearings would solve it, and I have the bearing and synchro kit, but I have never rebuilt one before and I figured I would see if I could find a cheap ride with a good trans and swap them and then try to rebuild mine and stick it in the one I bought if I got it back together right.  What are you talkin about with Synchro mess?  The people before me tried Lucas with no luck.  Thanks!

Offline CodeBlue

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 03:01:33 PM »
syncro mesh (yellow bottle from most auto stores)  is just an oil additive. GM calls for it in some of their FWD cars. i tried it in other cars/trucks and it helps to quiet it. but if lucas oil is not helping then this will not either.