Hello Guest

How to replace your stock shocks? Step by step breakdown. <-------------------

• 20 Replies

Offline Carnage

• If you only knew the POWER...
are the fronts just as easy as the rears?

Offline Digger

• 1996 Suzuki X-90 4X4
No, the front doesn't use shocks, the front uses a strut system in place of an upper arm. For the most part they are a "unbolt the old, bolt in the new" operation, but you would want to get your alignment rechecked after installing them because it might affect camber...
Had a cool sig pic till I changed the text... sigh...
90 Tracker: "Silver", 2" BL, 1-1/2" Coil Spacers, Strut mount flip, Calmini Header, Winch, 31" Swamper radials, Sold.
98 Suzuki X-90: Calmini 2" Sus, 1-1/4" whl spcrs, 2" Exhaust, Cobra Safari Bar, Neon, Sold.
96 Suzuki X-90: Mostly stock daily driver(for now)

Offline Quaddawg

• Flex and Ground Clearance is HIGHLY overrated!!
    • My Ebay Store
My rears looked fine... but I still had to cut them off... road salt you know... yuk..

once you get the old ones off, you are good to go.  As a matter of fact, I just did my DD pickup too... had to cut those off too.. 

My front struts came off fine.. go figure..

Just be ready with a die grinder or torch or something if it looks like you aren't going to be able to get the top nuts off the rear shocks.

It's the front struts that will make the big difference in handling though.. the rears don't do much, compared to the struts.

1996 Tracker Daily Driver, "The Flea"

Clicke HERE for Specs and Pics[/url]

Offline Carnage

• If you only knew the POWER...

and the stock shock equiv is Crown Vic

or is that just for lifts?

Offline wildgoody

• Turbocharged 150HP 1.6L 8V 93MPH 1/4 mile
Only for lifts with Crown Vic shocks
Real Trucks Are Built, Not Bought,
And Chrome Don't Get Ya Home.  

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Offline Uncivilized

• Car Domain
My rears looked fine... but I still had to cut them off... road salt you know... yuk..
I had to cut mine off too, I used an angle grinder on the passenger side, top nut and bottom bolt, on the drivers side top the sparks were going in towards the gas tank, and since I could smell gas, I decided to use a hack-saw, it was actually pretty quick, and no explosions!