Hello Guest

cracked windshield

• 6 Replies

Offline urbanwheeler

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
cracked windshield
« on: April 03, 2006, 12:17:39 AM »
I was driving home last night (around 1:00 am), and as a car passed me, I hear a loud thwack, and I see this streak on my window, and on the other side, 3 cracks were spreading from a gravel chip that was there when I got the kick. So I turn around and try to chase them and get their licence # so I could F over the little Sh#t heads and get a new windshield, but they were already gone, and no taillights could be seen down the road. Now I have a cracked windshield, and to know the fact that kids throw things at cars coming the opposite direction >:( >:(. I went back to where they threw comething at my kick, and all I could find was a lot of soda bottles and a few grocery bags, so I am assuming they took a grocery bag and put a bunch of soda bottles(plastic of course) in it, and the soda bottles probably had water in them, otherwise it woulnt had left a streak of plastic up the hood and on the drivers side of the windshield. It makes me so mad >:( >:(. Next time someone does that to me, I am going to try and get their license plate number so I can screw them over. Even though I am not a fan of californias law system, throwing objects at cars on the road is a serious offense, as it is common sense not to throw stuff at cars on the road.
Runnin' it stock with 225/75R15s and an unmodified 8valve TBI motor (I need a doug thoroley header and a cam) (more power) (1.6 liters of madness) (vroom + sewing machine sounds)

Offline urbanwheeler

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
Re: cracked windshield
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 08:52:17 PM »
Sorry for the harsh language in the last post, but I was a little mad when I typed it ::). After driving it with a cracked widshield for about a day, I dont even notice it is cracked ;). I just hope the police dont care, because I probably cant afford to replace it right now, plus it doesnt affect the windshield wipers or my view ::).
Runnin' it stock with 225/75R15s and an unmodified 8valve TBI motor (I need a doug thoroley header and a cam) (more power) (1.6 liters of madness) (vroom + sewing machine sounds)

Offline wildgoody

• Turbocharged 150HP 1.6L 8V 93MPH 1/4 mile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 09:06:12 PM »
New ones are about $130
Real Trucks Are Built, Not Bought,
And Chrome Don't Get Ya Home.  

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Shilly

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 12:02:49 PM »
Is it cracked more than the length of a dollar bill?  I live in (what seems to be) the gravel truck capitol of the world and have repaired many chips and minor cracks in my windshield with the repair kits they sell at auto parts stores.  IM me if I can help you.

Offline Yoak

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 12:30:40 PM »
You should be fine.

I drove a car here in CA with a broken windshield forever and I never had a problem.

Only problem you may have is if you had to take the care to DMV, it would fail inspection.

If you were to get pulled over its a fix it ticket only, I had one of thoose for my license frame. Not a big deal just time lost.

Offline tOnKa TrAcKeR

• support our troops
    • Cardomain site
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 05:57:18 PM »
Thats what I like about NC ther is no law saying you can't have a broken windshield.  When you get it inspected it is up to the inspectors discretion if it is unsafe or not.  In NC you dont even have to have a windshield I got my 1987 CR-X inspected with no windshield they just put a motorcycle inspection sticker on my left fender.  On a funny note even with no windshield your wipers have to work ;D

Stand down, MSG Arthur L. Lilley, your mission is now complete, may you rest in eternal peace.

Offline urbanwheeler

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 10:25:02 PM »
It is all the way across the windshield, but aside from looking bad(to some), it isnt in the way of my view, and it doesnt leak, and it doesnt affect the windshield wipers, so I think I will leave it :). I will post a pic of it.