The Suzuki Rubicon

• 18 Replies

Jayzuki

Re: The Suzuki Rubicon
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2006, 08:42:02 PM »
If your interested, sign the petition

http://www.petitiononline.com/SuziTech/petition.html

....for all the good it will do ;)

Don't you think this is kind of silly? Your(the author) asking Suzuki to fully build an off road vehicle for a small amount of people. And if your buying your rig fully built, where's the aftermarket? I enjoy wrenching and building a vehicle for me, I would prefer just a stock samurai based vehicle, size adjusted to meet new regulations, and remodeled to fit 2006+. I'll SPOA it and put on the 31's, not someone else. Half the fun is building it and being proud of what you've made.
Just my $.02 Canadian.

I guess all I was really getting at was Suzuki doesnt really do anything to promote thier off-road reputation. Even if they had a version of the new Grand Vitara that had a factory 2-inch lift [or something ] off-road style bumpers and skid plates it would show much more enthusiasm towards their SUV vehicles. The new GV has a feature that enables you to drive it without putting a key in the ignition, a really cool feature. Another example of a cool feature they could ADD to their off-road version Vitara would be off-road gearing, lights and colors. The vehicle would still have plenty of aftermarket accessories for companys to make and for you too purchase them. In the meen time you could be driving your 2006 Off-road version Suzuki Vitara with Americas best warranty, safty rating and with the good looks of your sweet 06 vehicle with a killer paint scheme. Capable out of the Factory for off-road use, theres no messing around with gearing and electrical because you already have good lighting and things. You might want to through on a nice exhaust, but Zuki could already have something equiped that sounds awsome. You should do some research, 1 in 10 Americans participate in off-road recreation. So if you call selling 30 000 plus units "silly " then thats fine with me. I say Suzuki should get with the picture. Maby theyre scared because they dont want to ruin their precious warranty thing, whos knows. You can still do anything you want with the Vehicle. You can build it anyway you want it, but with the factory off-road version of the Vitara at least you have something good to start with. I am saying this considering that they will keep there excellent value [ purchase price ] in with the package.

Thanks

« Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 08:49:15 PM by Jayzuki »

Offline hobgoblin

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2006, 10:32:10 PM »
I just want this to be built and sold

What is this ??It's bad!!! Not much for the color...Later Tom K.

Jayzuki

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2006, 12:04:13 AM »
Its appears to be a really nice version of a OFF-ROAD Grand Vitara. I just think its a little to extreme for most people. Very nice SUV though. That is alot more than what I would ask for but imagine Suzuki manufactured that thing!

Offline Shredder

• She thinks my Tracker's sexy
    • Me & My Rig
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2006, 06:27:20 AM »
That is alot more than what I would ask for but imagine Suzuki manufactured that thing!

At least it shows Suzuki is looking at building something more desireable to those of us who like a vehicle that can make the great escape and is fun off the pavement. If something like that was entered into the "Truck of the year" it might have a fighting chance to place high. I was reading one from a few years ago and Chevy sent over a Tracker LWB with running boards for the test. It was a belly dragging failure. If they had at least sent a ZR2 version it would have earned alot more respect. Or sent over one of our set-up TracKicks and it would have won.  ;)
'96 Astro Van 2wd, +10 Overland, 32s, Tow Rig
'96 Tracker LWB 4x4, +4.5 Calmini/Boondox, +3 Boondox BL, 31x10.50 (wife rolled)
'93 Sidekick LWB 2x4, 235s, +3 Boondox Suspension kit, 4wd swap 2b
'91 Tracker SWB, Toy axles, YJ Springs, Boondox Swap Kit, 31x10.50