Hello Guest

Front brake pads

• 4 Replies

Offline AJMBLAZER

• Your mom.
Front brake pads
« on: February 02, 2006, 03:41:16 PM »
Still running the crappy front OEM pads Suzuki put on the GV.  They absorb moisture and make god awful noise after doing that when warm and also make horrible amounts of brake dust.  They're also wearing down pretty damn fast compared to the rear shoes.  Looking to get a new set to replace them, anyone have any good recommendations?

Organic, non-organic, ceramic, metallic, semi-metallic, blah blah blah it's mostly Greek to me.

Offline Mikerpm4x4

• Redline... all the time!
    • www.rpm4x4.com
Re: Front brake pads
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 05:12:24 PM »
Still running the crappy front OEM pads Suzuki put on the GV.  They absorb moisture and make god awful noise after doing that when warm and also make horrible amounts of brake dust.  They're also wearing down pretty damn fast compared to the rear shoes.  Looking to get a new set to replace them, anyone have any good recommendations?

Organic, non-organic, ceramic, metallic, semi-metallic, blah blah blah it's mostly Greek to me.

I only use Wagner brake pads. they leave the least dust and last the longest.

Mike
If your not living life to the fullest then your not living at all.

You wont really know if your wrong till your upsidedown

Offline AJMBLAZER

• Your mom.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 05:53:52 PM »
Any particular type or whatever of the Wagner brand?

Offline ADavis

• Aaron's Webpage
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 06:46:00 PM »
When it comes to pads, I usually prefer to stick with the OEM because I've experienced less rotor wear.  Keep in mind that the front breaks do most of the stopping so usually you will go through 3 sets of fronts before you change the backs.  On my wifes Honda I finally had to change the rear breaks after 75,000 miles.  Good luck!
Aaron

Offline derekj

• i'm the canadian guy eh?
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 07:04:50 AM »
"pbr metalmaster" brake pads - i use them on both of my vehicles. probably the best pads i've used in a long time. here in canada we get them from lordco auto parts. i dont know who stocks them in the states. they are made in australia and and reasonably priced.

derek
91 Sidekick jx
2" BDS supension lift
2" BDS body lift
1" Coil spacers
32" TSL's and some other stuff I did And now with a Lockrite!  www.cardomain.com/memberpage/783382