Hello Guest

what type of body lift would you recamend

• 19 Replies

Offline RACER X

• zuki or die!
what type of body lift would you recamend
« on: August 29, 2007, 05:45:07 PM »
hey yaall im ttam ive put a 1inch spring lift(four door springs) and a two inch spacer (digger rocks) on my ziki im running 31s im going for a body lift wich one 2" or 3' some people say the three isnt worth the trouble  im lookin for a body lift with the bumper gas tank goodies thrown in cheap is cheap I want a complete lift 2 or 3 bottom line is i wanna run 33sor 35s any advise is helpfull the lift must lift the bimpers and the gas tank along with the shifter extention...please help me (a brother) out..........................................................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
98 kick

Fastmax32168

Re: what type of body lift would you recamend
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 05:53:05 PM »
I just used the calamini 3" and for $150 it sure saved a lot of time, fab work, and trouble. I read the 3" was supposed to be a bunch more work but I really dont know how much easier it could have been. It was a pretty simple install.
Roy

skitime

Re: what type of body lift would you recommend
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 06:30:04 PM »
I would not recommend Rocky Road.  I ordered their 2" body lift kit last June.  I called yesterday and they still claimed they are back ordered.  I canceled my order at that point. What I can't believe is the Rocky Road is directly selling the 2" body lift kit on Ebay the whole 3 months time period that I have been waiting.  I questioned the Rocky Road salesman as to how they can be listing them on Ebay the whole time.  He said that is what the owner wants to do even though they do not have them in stock.  I can't imagine how many pissed off buyers they must have by now when you sell something on Ebay and can't deliver for months.

kingzoo

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 08:13:40 PM »
  $250 installed is not that bad,especially if you don't want to do it or can't do it.I do not know of any kit that includes the gas tank lift,but the Calmini kit does include the bumper lift brackets.Extending the shifters is not difficult,but if you are not able to cut and weld it yourself it usually cost about $25 to have it done for you.

Offline Carnage

• If you only knew the POWER...
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 09:52:32 PM »
dont know why... but i LOLed when i saw this thread ???

Offline sidekicksrock

• Lil Suzys Dad
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 11:36:49 AM »

I don't know either but Google tool bar contains a spell check program that I can re-cam-end
Student of Now Master of Then

Offline Carnage

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 11:44:01 AM »

I don't know either but Google tool bar contains a spell check program that I can re-cam-end

speaking of which, i need to Re-Cam-End my engine block  ;)

Offline SnoFalls

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 11:47:56 AM »
lighten up, at least the Q was understanable (even with some misspells)

To answer the question, $250 aint bad for a 3" install. It's your money, but at $50 an hour, it's a decent price. I would tho get them to stick to it (especially if they haven't done a trac/kick 3" lift before). I'd wanna ensure they know about the brake line change, the shifters being extended (and still work correctly!), etc.

Personally I wouldn;t trust a shop to get it all correct the first time out.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.

Buy-it, Build-it, Beat-it, Part-it

Offline sidekicksrock

• Lil Suzys Dad
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 11:55:44 AM »
The Gas tank lift and the Body lift are two different things. Although you need to have the body lift in place before you can do the gas tank lift. The instructions for the gas tank lift are here: http://www.zukiworld.com/month_080102/feature_hagen_gastanklift.htm For the body lift I have been told that the Sky manufacturing is best, and the Calmini kit is good also. They are different designs, I like Sky's stud extensions best. Calmini's lift is based on the Box tubing lift I designed 10+ years ago. If you are interested in building your own lift, here is an article I wrote when I designed the lift. http://home.golden.net/~haida/suzuki/tech/tips/lift.html

Offline SnoFalls

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007, 01:34:22 PM »
Another FYI, the masterkit1 is also a "box tube" body lift for the most part (but it is complete with bumper extensions).

Here's a link to the gas tank lift I did in my 4dr ...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 01:36:45 PM by SnoFalls »
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.

Buy-it, Build-it, Beat-it, Part-it

Offline sidekicksrock

• Lil Suzys Dad
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2007, 04:17:06 PM »
yes i could have done the lift and spell check myseelf but i luv all yuor commentz even you Gen Erec

I guess I misunderstood, I thought you posted a question which was almost unreadable because you had no schooling and didn't know there were tools you could use so you wouldn't look like a first grader when you wrote. But instead you were doing it on purpose because you wanted to write like a first grader. Have I got it right now?

Offline Carnage

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2007, 05:14:41 PM »
yes i could have done the lift and spell check myseelf but i luv all yuor commentz even you Gen Erec

I guess I misunderstood, I thought you posted a question which was almost unreadable because you had no schooling and didn't know there were tools you could use so you wouldn't look like a first grader when you wrote. But instead you were doing it on purpose because you wanted to write like a first grader. Have I got it right now?

truly a great impression

*shrugs* but dont worry about this guy

(he actually PMed me with "you suock" a while back for who knows what  :laugh:)

« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 02:36:37 AM by Gen-Erix »

Offline RACER X

• zuki or die!
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2007, 05:09:14 PM »
if you knew my background  youd be amazed but i lay low    i love the zukes  and the owners and chatten about them if u feel the need to hit speel check or laff at me THEN GO 4 IT  Icanz were a suite or Tshirt an fit in....l my choice............bring it ...........

JUst make It FunNy TTAM
                                                           UP here in the OreGoNz
98 kick

erik the red

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2007, 06:47:55 PM »
All b.s. aside, Sky Mfg. will send you their 2 inch kit to your door for less than $150. Super easy install, unless it was like my rig, with bent to hell body bolts. Took WAY longer than it should have to install, but pretty damn easy to do. My .02

Offline echojeff

• Lo que sea
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2007, 09:33:47 PM »
Sorry I just got this in a e-mail and I could'nt help but post this here

O lny srmat poelpe can raed tihs.
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rgh it pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

I thought thought almost everyone here was into the body lift.  This is has been eye an opening read!
Jeff
95 Kick 4dr JLX.