Hello Guest

TT conversion kit

• 8 Replies

Offline Sidetracker

TT conversion kit
« on: January 19, 2007, 08:33:34 AM »
Has anyone installed the new TT coanversion kit for the sidekick?  I was going to order one and then I found out I need an axle from a 86 or newer Toyota truck.

Offline chet

• Zuki time!
Re: TT conversion kit
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 11:03:16 AM »
you need a rear axle from a '96 or newer and a fornt axle from a '81 thru '85. Toyotas went IFS in '96
1991 4 door kick, 2" coil spacers, 30" Coopers, winch, locker, rust, dents, etc.

Offline fx90

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 11:22:02 AM »
I installed it on my x90 other than spacing your wheels out for possible spring clearance i think the older housing would work           fred

Offline crikeymike

• Local to Western Washington?? Visit WAZUKS.com
    • http://www.wazuks.com
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 01:09:29 PM »
Brent told me you can use the 85 and older model rear housing if you want, you'd just need more offset on your wheels, or spacers.  The 1986 (not 96) and newer rear ends is what he suggests since they are wider.
1993 4-door Sidekick
3" hybrid Calmini/OME lift, 2" B/L, Rear air locker
Shrockworks bar & sliders, Full skid plates
4.24:1 t-case
 WAZUKS member - visit http://www.wazuks.com

Offline Sidetracker

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 04:34:53 PM »
Thanks for the replies.  I thought he told me that it was an 86 rear I needed.  Anyway I believe I'll try and get one before I order the kit.

Dave

Offline Bigzook

• Current owner of the famous Audi Kick
    • Donkey Worx Galleries

Offline Sidetracker

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 10:37:20 AM »
Yes I've read that link, however it dosen't tell me anything about what axles he used and the the installation itself.
Dave

Offline Tuner_Inside

• Lost Sheep
    • Tuner Inside
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 07:09:32 PM »
Im in the process of preping some old style yota axles (narrow.) Just going to add wheel spacers to gain width if need be. As soon as I saw the kit I found new found strength to finish my 4dr which has gone as far as I can take it with the Calmini lift. With blessing from my wife ( I love that girl) I am on my way to finishing a really cool rig.

Only thing that is up in the air is what I am going to for dual cases. I have every idea in my head from adding a samurai tcase to adding a yota case to just going dual yota cases. Still trying to figure out how to get my 3spd auto to work with my diesel conversion.

Soon as the snow melts the kick is going under the knife for the last time. LOL

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 06:31:13 AM »
Only thing that is up in the air is what I am going to for dual cases. I have every idea in my head from adding a samurai tcase to adding a yota case to just going dual yota cases. Still trying to figure out how to get my 3spd auto to work with my diesel conversion.

OTT Kiver 2 gives you dual cases, AND fixed flanges.  Good deal for the $$.

Soon as the snow melts the kick is going under the knife for the last time. LOL

If I had a dollar for everytime I heard... ;D