Hello Guest

Tipping over problems...

• 23 Replies

Offline Dazookster

Re: Tipping over problems...
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2008, 11:15:32 AM »
I understand that you have more grip with your new tires.  But it's an SUV, not a RX-7 like what was said before, so just drive it like a Ford Explorer or Bronco II those tip easy, a zook does not.  I guess for those in Samurais we have a sticker on the driver door to remind us how to drive.  Just don't do any drifting or J-turns you know backwards forwards quickly type move.  You'll be fine.
Wahoo for Global Warming more time to go Wheeling

Offline YellowZR2

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2008, 05:53:33 PM »
I never worry about tipping my tracker (or the sammy I had) they are very solid feeling but I worry a little about quickly spinning out when crossing the deep snow ruts in a heavy winter storm romp.
Deep wet/heavy snow ruts and the 2 door trackers short wheelbase can get squirrelly fast but its just an absolute blast in the snow I just try to be very careful at all times and keep it under total control when anyone else is around.(I do have to protect my CDL license ;D)

I call my tracker SLG.................Street Legal Gokart   :laugh:
02 Tracker ZR2 2 door (mostly stock-BORING)
05 trailblazer LS stock and staying that way-it's our tow vehicle.

Offline ack

• Professional askhole
    • Ack's FAQ
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2008, 07:58:22 PM »
...and here is the link to the entire Consumer's Report lawsuit video produced by the legal team representing Suzuki:

http://www.acksfaq.com/videos/suzukivsconsumerreports.wmv

Too bad I don't have a bird.  I'd line it's cage with Consumer's Report Magazine...

Ack

'88 Samurai, '88.5 Samurai TT, '11 Ford Transit Connect XLT
Ack's FAQ  http://www.acksfaq.com

Offline ROSS

• WHY TAKE A PICTURE WHEN YOU CAN DRIVE OVER IT
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2008, 05:50:55 AM »
works good for the litter box
87 SAMI 1600 FUEL INJ. , TORQUER CAM, 6.5 TO 1T-CASE, 5"SPRINGS SHACKLE REVERSE ,2 BODY LIFT, LOCK-RITES FRONT W/ HEAVY-DUTY AXLES & ARB'S REAR  BFG 31 X10.50 X 16",  EXO SKELLETON,

Offline mike5721947

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2008, 05:04:58 PM »
I call my tracker SLG.................Street Legal Gokart   :laugh:

mines my street legal side by side (same size and does the same trails offroad but i dont need the sticker price or the tow rig to go home with) fun to go to the local ORV areas and romp down the trails with the side by sides then back through the field and down the road to the next trail while they load back on the trailer to go 5 minutes down the road to follow.
1990 Suzuki sidekick 2Dr Conv.
385,000 km and still going strong.
31" kumhos 3inchs of lift.

Offline YellowZR2

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2008, 08:15:42 PM »
The side-by-sides are cool but I only paid $13'400 for my 02 tracker ZR2 (SLG) brand new and have total on and off road freedom.
My tracker will never have the suspension the side-by-sides can have but then you'll probably never see a side-by-side cruising down the expressway at 80-90 MPH. :laugh:

Yes I feel very safe going 80-90MPH in my tracker.  ;)
02 Tracker ZR2 2 door (mostly stock-BORING)
05 trailblazer LS stock and staying that way-it's our tow vehicle.

Offline mike5721947

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2009, 04:02:36 PM »
i laugh cause i paid 2000 cnd for my 90 kick. and the suspension systems of side by sides arnt much better (indy rear suspension vs solid axle) but ill take the solid axle over a modified quad diff anyday, much stronger...

i love cruisin at 80mph in the kick... makes the guy in the sports car ego go down when i pass him. (also makes the guy in the lifted dodge/ford egos shrink too)

calgary is full of lifted trucks with soccer moms and lawyers driving them, never knowing a stock kick can take them both on the highway and offroad.

Offline beercheck

• Go Cards!
    • trivia-nights.com
Re: Tipping over problems... LOL...
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2009, 07:06:51 PM »

i love cruisin at 80mph in the kick... makes the guy in the sports car ego go down when i pass him. (also makes the guy in the lifted dodge/ford egos shrink too)

Now yer talkin. 

I've taken mine up to 100, not even close to full throttle, but the top got so noisy that I had to back off.  I'm pretty sure the designers didn't have that sort of velocity in mind...  So, anybody know if the stock top can handle more?   I'd freakin HATE to blow the roof at 105...

Maybe I should start a new thread for that question..
'03 ZR2 2dr Tracker, '02 XL-7 drivetrain and electrcs
XL-7 front coils
1.5" rear coil spacers
Monroe 32316 shocks w/2" extenders
235/70-16 Bridgestone Destination A/Ts on stock XL-7 Alloys RRO Rock Rails (Presently removed, as they rusted to all hell; all the bolts were rusted to dust.  Real nice, RRO...) http://www.trivia-nights.com

Offline mike5721947

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2009, 10:56:54 PM »
ive got a hardtop and my front section vibrates at 90 mph or so (had it higher before) but i know 90 is still safe for the tops and mines broken so it doesnt sit right snug...truck has hit 160km/h (100mph) with the top still staying on.

man they rev high though... 5 grand cruisin on the highway... (speed limit is 110km/h but i mostly sit at 120-140. gets a good run when i go into town...