Hello Guest

The Trackers exhaust is complete!

• 21 Replies

Offline Tracker_Camps96

• Who says a Tracker cant be fast and agile?
    • My lowrider/cardomain page
The Trackers exhaust is complete!
« on: January 25, 2007, 03:40:05 PM »
I got my new cat converter in today finally!   If you remember, I had a header going into 2" exhaust with a hi flow muffler..... with the stock cat in it.   Now, I replaced it with a Magnaflow I got off ebay for $38 new.   WOW, the difference is amazing.   More throttle response, no more rough idling, and does it go now!   I had a lot of fun driving it today with that loud fartin exhaust.
96 Geo Tracker - K&N Filter, Calmini Header with 2" exhaust and performance muffler. American Racing Rims/Cooper Cobra GT tires. 2500 Watt Sound System w/Subs on tailgate.

07 Toyota Yaris Liftback- Stock

1980 Suzuki GS450L - 21K,stock, fixing up.  Kawasaki STX-12F - 125 hp  A pair of Adida

Offline echojeff

• Lo que sea
Re: The Trackers exhaust is complete!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 08:54:46 PM »
 Is that magnaflow a cat ? and what is the diameter?  The muffler shop wanted to charge a lot for a cat, so I would be interested doing the same.  The Zuk is overdue for a muffler system overhaul.
Jeff
95 Kick 4dr JLX.

Offline Carnage

• If you only knew the POWER...
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 09:06:06 PM »
i would buy all the exhaust components myself

if

only shops didnt charge an arm and a leg to put them on

Offline echojeff

• Lo que sea
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 09:31:35 PM »
A while back I looked at the calmini exaust setup, and checked the muffler shop. The price was about the same, but the shop price was included installation.  But the cat was a bunch more, so I put off that project.
It needs to be done though....
Jeff
95 Kick 4dr JLX.

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 11:15:37 AM »
It pays to be friends with the exhaust shop.  The work is cheaper each time I come in.   ;D

Did you have a 16v or 8v engine?

I wonder what the actual gains on a dyno are...
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline Tracker_Camps96

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 10:14:40 PM »
It pays to be friends with the exhaust shop.  The work is cheaper each time I come in.   ;D

Did you have a 16v or 8v engine?

I wonder what the actual gains on a dyno are...

Luckily this muffler shop is run really good by some guy my mom used to live by as a kid, so he wouldnt screw us over, and the manager is his son, whom I graduated with.   They just charged for labor and a bung to hold the O2 sensor.   Ive got the 16 valve.   So the Calmini header, magnaflow cat, and hi-flow muffler, and 2" all the way piping on that.   It sounds frikkn awesome!   I can tell you the HP went up, I can light up the tires almost whenever I want, throttle response improved immensely, and my car doesnt idle low anymore.

Is that magnaflow a cat ? and what is the diameter?  The muffler shop wanted to charge a lot for a cat, so I would be interested doing the same.  The Zuk is overdue for a muffler system overhaul.
Jeff

Yeh, magnaflow cat.   I could see through it, so must be pretty free flowing.   It was 2" inlet/outlet.   They charged me $45 for labor to weld it on and $5 for the O2 sensor bung cus my new cat didnt have a plug in for it.

$50 labor and bung
$38 for Cat and shipping

And I think it was well worth it.   That stock cat I had before was hurting my hi flow exhaust really bad.   Got the cat off ebay.   Just a universal one.   It was really tiny too.   Like 10-12 inches long, 5-6 inches high.   Look on ebay under magnaflow converter or performance converter.   A lot of people mis-spell catalytic on there.   The muffler shop told me they just suggested 2" piping cus its a 4 cylinder and thats all you need.   Im very happy with it.

(get the header as well!)
96 Geo Tracker - K&N Filter, Calmini Header with 2" exhaust and performance muffler. American Racing Rims/Cooper Cobra GT tires. 2500 Watt Sound System w/Subs on tailgate.

1980 Suzuki GS450L - 21K,stock, fixing up.  Kawasaki STX-12F - 125 hp  A pair of Adida

Offline suzukiboyoz

• Friends don't let friends ride a Yamaha
    • http://community.webshots.com/
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 02:43:52 AM »
Tracker_Camps96
Could you please email suzukiboy|removethispart|@bigpond.com or post up some pics of your exhaust system, I am interested in how the Calmini 16 valve headers fit to the rest of the system.
They are allot different to the 8 valve one's.
All the aftermarket Vitara headers sold here in Oz are the 8 valve design and some hit the cross member with the standard Vits.

Also on the Calmini site it says * not for use on pollution controlled vehicles, for the CALMINI PERFORMANCE 16V HEADER KIT.
Does that mean it has no hole for the O2 sensor and I would have to drill and weld in a fitting for it?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 02:46:34 AM by suzukiboyoz »
Calmini 3" Suspension Lift, Calmini Skid Plates, Calmini Rockhoppers, 30" Mud TYres, ARB Bullbar, Rear ARB Locker, Custom Sill Sliders, Rear Bumper and a lot more.

Offline Praise Him

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 12:31:06 PM »
you should post up an audio click...calimini catback is over-rated, and sounds like a stock setup ;)
sammy/toy axles/locked/geared/cased/36's

Offline Tracker_Camps96

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 03:02:14 PM »
Tracker_Camps96
Could you please email suzukiboy|removethispart|@bigpond.com or post up some pics of your exhaust system, I am interested in how the Calmini 16 valve headers fit to the rest of the system.
They are allot different to the 8 valve one's.
All the aftermarket Vitara headers sold here in Oz are the 8 valve design and some hit the cross member with the standard Vits.

Also on the Calmini site it says * not for use on pollution controlled vehicles, for the CALMINI PERFORMANCE 16V HEADER KIT.
Does that mean it has no hole for the O2 sensor and I would have to drill and weld in a fitting for it?

I think that just means its probably not legal in California or something cus of smog controls.   It has a plug in for an O2 sensor.   I would think that this header would fit yours.   I have more room now than I did with the stock exhaust manifold, because the shield on it was big.   I will post some pics up in a few days of the setup, maybe I can get some dimensions for you as well.   Thursday I could probably do it, tonight and tommorow Im swamped with school stuff.

you should post up an audio click...calimini catback is over-rated, and sounds like a stock setup ;)
How do I post an audio click?   I can take a video with my camera, but Im not sure where I could post it.

Heh heh, this thing doesnt sound stock at allllll.   If I didnt have such a loud stereo, I might have trouble hearing the music.   I think it sounds frikkn awesome.   The night I got it installed and pulled into my garage, I opened the door and revved to hear it.   It actually startled me!   Il try and take a video,  post it somewhere, then get back to you guys with a link.   

Offline Praise Him

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 05:50:56 PM »
www.photobucket.com

register its free, then upload video..thats free also
sammy/toy axles/locked/geared/cased/36's

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 07:35:26 AM »

When I went to put a 2" exhaust on my 96 we noticed it was almost done for us.  Up until it left the cat the entire exhaust had the metric equivalent of 2" exhaust.  So all the shop had to do was bend up the second half.  I didn't go with the truck muffler because I wanted to keep a quiet ride, so the entire exhaust is just about as quiet (a little louder between 2 and 3K), just a bit deeper in sound.  Perfect for a daily driver.  :)

I was interested in a better cat then... now I really am.   ;D
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline Shadow

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 09:32:25 AM »
Hows your fuel mileage with the header and exaust so far?

Offline Tracker_Camps96

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 08:22:40 PM »
Yeah, Finally got me some pics, better appreciate it cus its like 0 degrees outside and I was in my shorts and a tank top!  :P    I need a garage heater!   

Hows your fuel mileage with the header and exaust so far?

I can probably tell you that in about 2-4 weeks, I guess?   My Toyota Yaris is the daily driver, but I bring the Tracker out here and there cus no matter how hard I would try, I cant go without driving that thing!   Especially now with this exhaust, its too much fun.   I drove it this morning at -10 degrees while my Yaris has the winter package with a heavy duty heater.
My Tracker doesnt even heat up all the way cus of that frikkn K&N cone filter.   I cant wait til spring!!!   At my next fill up with the Tracker, which will be awhile, I'll tell you what I get.   Granted, it wont be the best cus I drive faster than normal now.

(OK, hold on, my computer is being dumb and wont let me post pics.)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 08:42:42 PM by Tracker_Camps96 »

Offline suzukiboyoz

• Friends don't let friends ride a Yamaha
    • http://community.webshots.com/
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2007, 05:30:57 AM »
If you have problems posting pictures email them to me and I will put them up.
Calmini 3" Suspension Lift, Calmini Skid Plates, Calmini Rockhoppers, 30" Mud TYres, ARB Bullbar, Rear ARB Locker, Custom Sill Sliders, Rear Bumper and a lot more.

Offline Tracker_Camps96

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2007, 11:25:57 PM »
Try #2 for me!

(modified it every time, adding 1 pic at a time.)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 11:49:54 PM by Tracker_Camps96 »