please let me know!

Also, I get a lot of people who
want to buy my UNIQUE Tracker.
(so if youre SERIOUS and got the $$$)
contact me and we can talk.

RyouBakua|removethispart|@Hotmail.com
[/size]

Offline hcgalvin

• Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.
    • Granite Path
Re: The Next XL-7
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 06:41:44 AM »
I agree with some of the other folks on that forum...

what is with the headlights?
Heather Galvin
2005 GV with Zuki Nation 4.5" Lift.
Sidekick's gone... Still have Bob's Knob.

Offline fullspectrum

• behind the 8 ball
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 09:27:23 AM »
   Well that thing is well equiped for grocery getting and hanging out at the local Starbucks....almost nobody will ever wheel any of Suzuki's latest offerings. I was afraid of what the next gen Xl-7 will look like... :'(
   I am very dissapointed that Suzuki is turning it's back on the 4wd crowd and a huge part of their heritage and success. Sure it's great idea to market to the pavement Suv crowd but eliminating the "rugged, cheap little 4x4" that we all love love is a bad move. Look at Nissan and Toyota, they have their cute Ute's and minivans and such but they still uphold their 4x4 line and heritage.
  There are still many years left for the Zuk entusiast. There are lots of used Sammy's, Kicks, Vits, and Xl-7's for years of wheeling fun.  I don't mean to be negative, just stating the obvious and at some point I will have no choice but to wheel something else (If I live that long ;D).  Hopefully Suzuki has something "up their sleeve" for the future. As someone once said "It ain't over until the last 2006 Xl-7 is rusted into the ground" and even then there will be parts left to fabricate a rig... so we still have a future yet.... ;)
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin

"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right." - Henry Ford

Offline Tracker_Camps96

• Who says a Tracker cant be fast and agile?
    • My lowrider/cardomain page
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 11:14:22 AM »
I kinda like it.   Suzuki is just trying to jump into the big market with Honda and Toyota.   To do so, sometimes they have to be competitive like with this.   My only gripe with Suzuki is that most of their SUVs are now turning into half frame/half unibody vehicles.   I want a full frame!!!
96 Geo Tracker - K&N Filter, Calmini Header with 2" exhaust and performance muffler. American Racing Rims/Cooper Cobra GT tires. 2500 Watt Sound System w/Subs on tailgate.

07 Toyota Yaris Liftback- Stock

1980 Suzuki GS450L - 21K,stock, fixing up.  Kawasaki STX-12F - 125 hp  A pair of Adida

Offline Quaddawg

• Flex and Ground Clearance is HIGHLY overrated!!
    • My Ebay Store
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2006, 03:42:31 PM »
Looks like a soccer mom suv  FREAKING YUK...

wouldn't own one if given to me.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 03:44:07 PM by Quaddawg »
1996 Tracker Daily Driver, "The Flea"

Clicke HERE for Specs and Pics[/url]

Proud2BCDN

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2006, 04:26:01 PM »
Much better looking than the current XL-7,  IMO ::) What about the underpinnings though? Is it based on a similar drivetrain as the new GV?

Offline Carnage

• If you only knew the POWER...
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 04:35:46 PM »
wouldn't own one if given to me.

shiet
Id take it

then probably sell it and buy 4 modded kicks

wha-ta!!!

Offline Maroon Monsoon

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2006, 04:54:32 PM »
it's official, all new suzuki's suck. first they ruin the GV now they ruin the xl 7 even worse, I can't believe people actually want to buy such stupid cars.. oh well, it happens. I guess if one were to buy a zuk they should stick to 05 and under

the headlights on that make it look really mini van, I thought the 04 front end on an xl looked mini van, guess I hadn't seen this coming, suzuki needs to make a good vehicle again!
2000 Grand Vitara.. boondox coil spacer lift w/ pro comp 2 inch lift shocks and ome struts. 225/75 R16 Kumho Mt's, powdercoated wheels, rear brake line relocation and stuff to acomodate. custom exhaust and intake along with some 1 off accesories.

Offline fullspectrum

• behind the 8 ball
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006, 11:10:33 PM »
  Can you imagine if Consumer reports never picked on Suzuki and the Samurai...the course of Suzuki history would have been different. The sales of economical,fun and tough little vehicles would have continued strong helping Suzuki build it's company up to a level where it could stand side by side with the major auto manufacturers. We would have then been able to enjoy the Samurai sucessor the "Jimny" and Suzuki wouldn't have been forced to put all it money into being a company of followers rather than what they used to be in offering tough unique economical vehicles.
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin

"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right." - Henry Ford

Offline Tracker_Camps96

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2006, 11:53:07 PM »
Ever seen that video where they were trying to make the Samurai tip?   You hear the guy say "If you can't make it tip, Ill find someone who can."
96 Geo Tracker - K&N Filter, Calmini Header with 2" exhaust and performance muffler. American Racing Rims/Cooper Cobra GT tires. 2500 Watt Sound System w/Subs on tailgate.

1980 Suzuki GS450L - 21K,stock, fixing up.  Kawasaki STX-12F - 125 hp  A pair of Adida

Offline Maroon Monsoon

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2006, 12:14:51 AM »
  Can you imagine if Consumer reports never picked on Suzuki and the Samurai...the course of Suzuki history would have been different. The sales of economical,fun and tough little vehicles would have continued strong helping Suzuki build it's company up to a level where it could stand side by side with the major auto manufacturers. We would have then been able to enjoy the Samurai sucessor the "Jimny" and Suzuki wouldn't have been forced to put all it money into being a company of followers rather than what they used to be in offering tough unique economical vehicles.

exactly, all the companies are copying each other once someone makes a stupid idea like a yuppie SUV or a turn of the dial or push button 4 wheel drive, they come up with the dumbest stuff
2000 Grand Vitara.. boondox coil spacer lift w/ pro comp 2 inch lift shocks and ome struts. 225/75 R16 Kumho Mt's, powdercoated wheels, rear brake line relocation and stuff to acomodate. custom exhaust and intake along with some 1 off accesories.

Offline Tracker_Camps96

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2006, 12:17:39 AM »
But thats just the thing nowadays.   Noone appreciates simplicity.   Its all about pushing a button, voice activation, lights that turn on for you, remote start, and flashiness.   Not many people are in the market for simplicity, reliability, and ruggedness.   Its too bad, but I understand Suzuki has to follow along or be left behind.

Offline Maroon Monsoon

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2006, 12:33:17 AM »
yea, even wranglers have that vaccum actuated front diff like the front of a GV, don't understand what's so hard about having hubs and a lever, a lever isn't any more difficult for me than a dial would be, especially since it always works, unfortunately suzuki decided to put a vaccuum actuated front diff on GV's so I don't know how long that will last but so far so good

yea, zuk had some good stuff, it's a shame to see them making stuff as lame as a CRV or rav 4

freaking sucks, they can't just keep the stuff that actually is reliable, they have to put the crappy new stuff on that always quits working. I know a guy that didn't know his turn of the dial 4 wheel drive didn't work on his super duty till he needed it so he was stuck