Hello Guest

Calmini 3" super articulation tracker

• 8 Replies

Offline Mike71

Calmini 3" super articulation tracker
« on: October 23, 2003, 08:27:03 AM »
i have recently been bittin by the 4x4 bug =) i was looking at the rock solid 4.5 lift at http://www.rocky-road.com/kicksus.html

looks like a nice kit but i want bigger =) so i was lead to the calmini site also by jdrapper found here http://www.puresuzuki.com/3_lift_kit.htm

i was stoked about that =) bolt on and everything then i was reading this ssite and happened to someones web site i forgot there name sorry found here http://www.tonka-toy.co.uk/ now it says theres some serious problems in the designe of the calmini lift

i know nothing is foolproof or 100% gurenteed but i want something that i wont be breaking parts every month lol so i was wondering if there were any other easy to use lifts that didnt cause problems? or if theres and easy fix to this........i just want to feild some reasearche b4 i even started to mod the car

sry for the lack of any punctiation and bad spelling
623hp kb cobra sold! 100hp kick new DD :P

Crabzuki

Re: Calmini 3&quot
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2003, 10:05:43 AM »
i have recently been bittin by the 4x4 bug =) i was looking at the rock solid 4.5 lift at http://www.rocky-road.com/kicksus.html

looks like a nice kit but i want bigger =) so i was lead to the calmini site also by jdrapper found here http://www.puresuzuki.com/3_lift_kit.htm

i was stoked about that =) bolt on and everything then i was reading this ssite and happened to someones web site i forgot there name sorry found here http://www.tonka-toy.co.uk/ now it says theres some serious problems in the designe of the calmini lift

i know nothing is foolproof or 100% gurenteed but i want something that i wont be breaking parts every month lol so i was wondering if there were any other easy to use lifts that didnt cause problems? or if theres and easy fix to this........i just want to feild some reasearche b4 i even started to mod the car

sry for the lack of any punctiation and bad spelling

Nah- don't sweat the small stuff when it comes to your spellin' and punk-she-a-shen. we realize that while typing you know what you'd like to say and it come's out slaggered. It's like autopilot for me to &*(%|removethispart|@! my words and thoughts together at one time.

Now on to your question Calmini's 3" lift plus 3" body lift is totally different than Rocky Roads suspension system, it is two different playing fields (if you have been doing your research.) Calmini's is far more better if you wish to go with additional mod's later on. You can speak to Steve Kramer |removethispart|@ Calmini by calling 800-345-3305. Should there be any doubts to your questions. And to be fair here's a number to dial to speak to Glenn Wakefield at Rocky Road 435-654-1149  for any questions on their set-up.

Also Calmini is testing a radical system that will soon blow every suspension system out of the water. To view this system click here. http://www.zukiworld.com/cgi/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=suzuki_talk;action=display;num=1058763502 I myself am waiting for it's release as many others here too.  

::)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2003, 10:11:26 AM by Crabzuki »

Offline Mike71

Re: Calmini 3" super articulation tracker
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2003, 11:13:39 AM »
i saw that new calmini setup =) im one of the last posts on it

also i saw that rockey road...seemed like it replaced les parts which says to me its a bit easier to install in my driveway but i like that calmini came with the diff arms and such

i dont understand the body lift though i jacked my car up and saw these rubber disc's are those what u replace to get a BL? if so why pay someone cant i just make it?

Offline UberAsuna

• Asuna Sunrunner 92'
    • Cranky's Ghetto My Website
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2003, 12:36:37 PM »

i dont understand the body lift though i jacked my car up and saw these rubber disc's are those what u replace to get a BL? if so why pay someone cant i just make it?

Yes u can make it but be sure your using the good materials to do a body lift or else u might crush it with the weight of the body and long term use. I dont know what calmini uses but i prefered paying 200$ canadian to calmini  ( shipping was included ) ( i ordered it at a jeep dealer  ::) lol ) then have someone do me one that can probably brake 1 year later out of rust holes lol
It's A Zuki Thing, Dig It Sucka ;) :D ;D

Offline Mike71

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2003, 12:42:47 PM »
true i guess its better to have someone take the guess work out for u and the BL isnt as expensive as i thought esp. since it comes with the fuler hose for the gas tank and bumper brakets

Offline brlj

• 6" Lift w/ 33x12.50 TSL Radials, Exoskeleton
    • Bills 93 Tracker
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2003, 01:12:56 PM »
If you do the body lift, go ahead and do the gas tank mod in the article archives/technical section. You use the stock filler neck. I used 1/2" wall 2x3 tubing and made my own body lift. If you want more info PM me and Ill fill you in. Its not really that hard. Calmini kit has brackets for raising the front bumper but I have heard it takes some modifing to make it work.

You could probably run 31's with just the body lift. I had 30x9.50-15's on mine with no lift at all.

Later,
Bill

Offline Yankee Tim

• Who says a GV is a grocery getter?
    • Yankee Off-Road
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2003, 12:47:31 AM »
As a CALMINI suspension owner myslef, you will find many, many satisified owners.  Way more than dissatisfied ones.  I have over 60K on mine, without any issues.  Ask onwers and get the stats before believing one post or thread on the internet.

The one problem the CALMINI kit has it it now allows you to really wheel hard, which in turn exposes every weakness of the Kick components (like aluminum diffs and weak idle arms).  This is not the kits fault, rather, the vehicle.
Yankee Tim

Offline Mike71

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2003, 10:18:15 AM »
o no i knew it wassent the kits fult the pearson whos site i read was having probs but that would have happened with any 3" lift its just the way the IFS was made

the only thing calmini could do is raise there prices and include the fix...but that would make it cost morei just want to make sure that it will be wheelable (not a word) out of the box because my welding skills arent really upto snuff yet

Offline Z3bra

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2003, 12:32:56 PM »
You can definitely run 31's on the calmini 3" body lift.  You will have to do some very minor trimming at the rear of the front fenderwells to allow the wheels to turn. (this is based on mine using 15x7's).  If you do the trimming right it's not even visible unless you're looking at where it is cut out and doesn't touch the outside painted part of the fenders to look overly  "home brewed."  10 minutes with a sawzall and that's it.  Might want to find a tire place that will let you test fit to see what you have to cut off using one mounted as a spare first or something like that so it's easier to guage where to cut.