Hello Guest

SJ410 Grill

• 5 Replies

Offline SlideOrDie

• SLIDE OR DIE
SJ410 Grill
« on: October 22, 2003, 11:01:00 AM »
Ok, maybe someone here will be able to help me. I have an SJ410 front grill i want to put on my samurai. Can anybody tell me what exactly is involved in doing it, ice heard that there is sheet metal i will have to trim?? also, how the hell do i get the body screws out that are holding parts of the old grill on, Ive tried using a
snap-on hammer impact driver and ive had no luck, maybe try heating them to melt the thread lock??? anyways, if someone can tell me exactly what i need to do to swap the grills, it would be really appreciated.

Offline rabidray

• hey what you want!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
Re: SJ410 Grill
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2003, 10:39:13 PM »
you need to pm okie zuk over on pirate bb he has done this already......

as for me my 410 grille is still attached to my 410 tin top a project that is still on the back burner......... ;D
88 sammy with a few mods

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2003, 02:45:11 AM »
Ok, maybe someone here will be able to help me. I have an SJ410 front grill i want to put on my samurai. Can anybody tell me what exactly is involved in doing it, ice heard that there is sheet metal i will have to trim?? also, how the hell do i get the body screws out that are holding parts of the old grill on, Ive tried using a
snap-on hammer impact driver and ive had no luck, maybe try heating them to melt the thread lock??? anyways, if someone can tell me exactly what i need to do to swap the grills, it would be really appreciated.

There is nothing tricky involved other than getting those rusted in phillips head screws out. I use an impact driver that is hit with a BFH. If you've got the SJ410 grill you can see exactly how it fits. Take off the plasic Samurai grill and the upper and lower cross pieces. Bolt on the SJ410 grill. For headlight surrounds, carefully cut out the needed square surrounds from your Samurai Grill and install This is a photo of a converted Samurai to SJ410. Remember, keep your Samurai pieces. They're worth more than the SJ410 grill.

Good Luck, Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline Yankee Tim

• Who says a GV is a grocery getter?
    • Yankee Off-Road
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2003, 08:13:25 AM »
If I can add,

On the 410 grille, with minor trimming,  you can fit oval trailer lights (in amber) in the outter holes of the grille, and they look "factory".  This is good to know as it makes adding a steel bumper a lot easier by not worrying about light placement, and looks really trick, allbeit "Jeep-ish"
Yankee Tim

Offline safarikick

• nor-cal rhinos
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/safarikick
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2003, 01:12:11 PM »
 roadlessgear.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=RG632&Category_Code=B&Store_Code=RGL        

i saw this on  roadless gear   ;D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2003, 12:31:53 PM by ebewley »
3+3 calmini 5.12 a lock in the back and front with steel front diff. 4.24 in tc

Offline HotRod

• 95 Tracker
    • cardomain.
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2003, 04:22:42 PM »
Thats a pertty looking Sammi.Makes me want to run right out and get one just to enjoy another Zuki.
95 2dr Geo Tracker with Calmini 6"inch combo lift, 32'inch BFGs M/Tlocked and loaded--D.D is my 06 Racy RED Aerio SX AWD