Hello Guest

Windshield Wiping!

• 8 Replies

Offline Maiden Hell

• MAIDEN HELL!
    • My Space
Windshield Wiping!
« on: December 20, 2003, 04:06:05 AM »
Ever since I installed a GTS Bug Deflector every time I activate the windshield washer fluid it sprays erratically all over the place and most of it ends up on the hood.  >:(

So looking at my brother's Chevy Cavalier system, where the fluid hose is directly connected to the wiper arm it self, I was thinking maybe I can come up with a similar system of my own.

Now I know I can just remove the bug deflector, but I really like, it's only a year old, still shiny, covers a little dent in the front end of the hood and makes the Sidekick look rather sharp.

Anyone else ever think of doing this and do you guys think it's possible?

Offline 1bigtracker

• F*** trail rated, try trail tested
Re: Windshield Wiping!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2003, 07:56:00 AM »
I think putting them on the amrs would work pritty trick.  I want to put a 2nd set on top of my windsheld to get mud off.  lata stu

Offline 87BlackSami

• http://www.quic kvwbug.4wdriver .com/
    • http://www.quickvwbug.4wdriver
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2003, 03:02:53 PM »
Your idea probably would work pretty well, or you can just slow down or clean the windshield at a red light. ;)
locked,5.8:1 Tcase, 5.12's, 35x12.5Xterrain's, 4" BDS L/O, Ford towers, 5-8" shackles w/reverse, tracbar, Yota P/S, diffs capped, skidplates, onboard air, fabbed bumpers & shafts, Herculined, airhorns

Offline Maiden Hell

• MAIDEN HELL!
    • My Space
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2003, 04:45:21 PM »
Your idea probably would work pretty well, or you can just slow down or clean the windshield at a red light. ;)

LOL, you know what?  That's excatly what I've been doing...but I do a lot of highway travel back in forth in the city and the salt, snow and slush just fly so I have to keep wiping under those conditions.

As soon as I find some tubing  I'm going to try it out.  I might wait until the spring though as it's to chilly to work outside now.

Offline r0ckstarr79

• Chevy + Zuk
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2003, 11:35:28 PM »
I would hit up a junk yard and find a cavalier like the one you were talking about, or a chevy beretta has the same style squirters and take those off and experiment around with them on your wiper arms... In my head, it seems like it should be really easy...... Good luck...

I like 1bigtrackers idea about putting them on the top to get the mud off also....

Offline NY_SIDEKICKER

• YOU WANNA RACE THE ZUKE !
    • OBSESSIVE BEHAVIOR !
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2003, 03:01:40 AM »
I WAS THINKING OF ADDING A BUG DEFLECTOR TO MY KICK...ITS EVEN ON MY SANTA LIST  ;D ...BUT I GUESS I SHOULD KNOW BY NOW THAT WITH EVERY ACTION THERE'S A REACTION  :'( SO KEEP US INFORMED IF YOU TRY THIS.....MATTY D......

Offline Maiden Hell

• MAIDEN HELL!
    • My Space
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2003, 03:21:57 AM »
Oh I will.  I'm maybe going to look into Home Depot and other hardware stores looking for that slender plastic tubing so I can just connect it from where it ends now on the original line and run the new stuff to up the arms with the little sprayers connected to 'em.

The Bug Deflector is pretty cool though, aside from the things I mentioned, it also protects the hood from stones and in high enough speeds, blows rain and especially snow away from the windshield.  Oh yeah, it keeps bugs off in the summer too.

Offline Rhinoman

• Bend it, Break it, Fix it
    • Rhinoman
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2003, 07:56:37 PM »
One of the guys in our club has done this mod. He's just run some plastic tubing up the wiper arm and secured it with some cable ties.
2000 Vitara 1.6, 3+3 Lift, 33"MTs, 5:83s, LWB brakes, Winch, Snorkel, Safari Rack
1986 SJ413K PickUp, 1.6L conversion.

OBD1 - Full diagnostics on a PC/Laptop: http://www.rhinopower.org

Offline UberAsuna

• Asuna Sunrunner 92'
    • Cranky's Ghetto My Website
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2003, 12:38:14 AM »
my friend has done somtin similer to his old cavalier hehe his system was kind of broken so he got new tubing and took it out straight to the wiper itself was working perfectly just was wasting lot more fluid in 1 squirt then on his original system lol
It's A Zuki Thing, Dig It Sucka ;) :D ;D