Hello Guest

mysterious history

• 2 Replies

Offline SiKiD_01

• Fully Sik, Flying Vit.
mysterious history
« on: June 10, 2005, 02:47:34 AM »
ever since i bought my vit, about a year and a half ago, there are things that i find on it that were not meant to be there, both good and bad.

its when you do a thorough inspection, or service, or just random staring, that you realise something odd. i'm sure with may of us, the exact history of something we buy second hand is always unsure.

like, with my vit, it was the biggest POS you'd ever seen, and wouldn't bother with it, but i bought it. i asked about the history, but the owner at the time had no idea.

and so as life went on, i found out it had a full rebuilt motor in it, it had a new aftermarket clutch kit (explains why it stood up with the 31"s on) and the one that tops it off, was the 26 spline front end gear. CV shafts and front diff seem to have been swapped out for the 26 splines. now that sorta freaks me out.

then come the questions of WHY was the front end gear swapped out, and why did it need a full engine rebuild etc etc.

anyway, everytime i see specs for an 1989 model front diff and shafts, its always 22 spline gear. then i get wondering about the swap out. maybe i'll never ever know. (refer to auburn posi thread)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 09:39:35 PM by sikid_01 »
1989 Suzuki Vitara... Stock Standard

something closer to home: www.DARWIN4X4.net[/url]

outerlimits4x4.com = Great Tech, Bad Influence

Offline jzap

• How difficult can it be?
Re: fadsfasd
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 05:16:43 AM »
I once had a friend who bought a new GM product.  It came out of the factory with white pinstripes on one side and black on the other.  

Funny thing is it was two years before they noticed...
Jim Z.
96 Tracker
66 Apache camper

Offline SnoFalls

Re: fadsfasd
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 07:07:54 AM »
could be worse ... you could have the original tired 89 engine and the lousy 22 spline components :)

I know what you mean tho. I'm always amazed when I sort out some used vehicle and see some incredibly STUPID things done (duct tape wiring mods, bailing wire suspension "fixes", booger welds, etc)
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.

Buy-it, Build-it, Beat-it, Part-it