Hello Guest

lovin my 32/36 dgev weber carb

• 8 Replies

samurai dan

lovin my 32/36 dgev weber carb
« on: February 11, 2008, 04:39:35 PM »
installed a new weber carb i bought from the weber web page and it made all the difference in the world... used it to pass emissions! Even a substantially noticeable increase in hp. i can actually do 85mph on the freeway without a tail wind.... Even a mild head wind. I recommend it for anyone with a tired 1.3. My sammi is much better off with it

Offline daddyizzle

• Colorado is still my home!!
Re: lovin my 32/36 dgev weber carb
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 04:50:00 PM »
How did you pass the visual test or did they not look under the hood. When I lived around Denver, they always looked to see that all  the original stuff was hooked up and a weber would have failed for not being original equipment.

-Adam
If all criminals were behind bars, there would be no one left to patrol the streets.

86 Samurai Tin-Top stock with a Harley 44 sidedraft carb

Offline Amilla

• Toyota running gear was made for a samurai!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 06:02:38 PM »
In california they would look at it and just tell you to leave ;D
Gotta love cali!

Amilla
88 Samurai, Sprung Up, Geared Down, Locked,With Yotas.

samurai dan

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 04:37:04 AM »
they looked under the hood.. the techs out here dont seem too bright and may not have known what they were looking at, who knows. I did remove all the all of the original air intake equipment, so the only thing that looked out of place is the chrome air cleaner. the tech did recognize me from the week before when i came in before doing the swap and found my sammi to be to underpowered to complete the test!! couldn't even hit 58 mph. All i know is it reduced the readings by 2/3 from the test the year before.

Offline daddyizzle

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 03:08:26 PM »
Whats right is right :police:

I'm glad to see the tech overlooked the visual and let it slide. The goal of the etest is to have the lowest emissions possible. It's a shame when they will fail a cleaner running vehicle with an aftermarket fuel system (cleaner than with the factory emissions) because it doesn't look right.

-Adam ;D
If all criminals were behind bars, there would be no one left to patrol the streets.

samurai dan

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 03:24:44 PM »
Am i reading that right adam you say you have a harley carb on your sammi?

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 10:43:29 PM »

ZOR uses the Harley carbs as part of their side-draft carb kit.  I'm not sure if Petroworks does the same thing with theirs or not.

I have a little side-draft on my SJ-410.  The little bugger works great.  :)
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline Amilla

• Toyota running gear was made for a samurai!
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 10:56:21 AM »

ZOR uses the Harley carbs as part of their side-draft carb kit.  I'm not sure if Petroworks does the same thing with theirs or not.

I have a little side-draft on my SJ-410.  The little bugger works great.  :)

Ya petroworks uses a screaming eagle 44mm side draft  carb with there kit.
Im considering investing in it, looks way nice.  Its between ZOR or Petroworks, not sure which way to go, i have heard good things about the petroworks but little about the ZOR set up.

Amilla
88 Samurai, Sprung Up, Geared Down, Locked,With Yotas.

Offline daddyizzle

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 02:27:07 PM »
The zor guy (Myron) just became a zukiworld member so maybe you can ask him about his. I do know that the harley carbs are sensitive to the cold. I just pull out on the enrichment knob on cold days. Gas mileage sucks for winter so far. I'm only getting around 22 or so. I think I'm losing a bunch of mileage during warm up. If you don't warm it up, it tries to stall. The colder it is, the worse it gets. Then again, mine might need a little more adjusting. I'm pretty happy with it though, especially once it gets to 60 and above.

-Adam ;D