Hello Guest

Is my Zuki dead?

• 6 Replies

Offline tremendous

• I gave him a tremendous beating!
Is my Zuki dead?
« on: October 04, 2007, 06:28:39 AM »
I'm driving down the freeway and I see the temperature gauge rise to the max beyond the hot, the battery light lights up, the engine light lights up, I'm losing power, cant turn the steering wheel, no lights nothing.
I stop safely at an exit, get out and I can hear the oil boiling in the engine and it is super hot, no smoke though.
Is my top notch '97 Sport dead?

Any possible remedies will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys

Louie
So polluted!

Online ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
Re: Is my Zuki dead?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 10:04:32 AM »
I'm driving down the freeway and I see the temperature gauge rise to the max beyond the hot, the battery light lights up, the engine light lights up, I'm losing power, cant turn the steering wheel, no lights nothing.
I stop safely at an exit, get out and I can hear the oil boiling in the engine and it is super hot, no smoke though.
Is my top notch '97 Sport dead?

Any possible remedies will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys

Louie

Yeah, you broke a the belt. If you didn't run it into the ground, you should be able to put a new belt on and be OK. It's important to pay attention to those lights and guages.

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline sidekicksrock

• Lil Suzys Dad
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 04:02:02 PM »
If you run synthetic oil you are probably all right. If it has dino in it change the oil and put in a engine flush and cheap filter before you start it again. Change the filter regularly for the first couple of thousand miles and the oil again perhaps at 1000 miles. Overheated oil is very abrasive you have to get all remnents of the old oil out of the engine.
Student of Now Master of Then

Offline mrfuelish

• you must have a perception problem.
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 04:23:42 PM »
He prob. has a 1.8 engine, do they have timing belts or chain?
1987,1988,1988,1990 samurai's,  1953 m38a1,  1996 x-90,blue.1996 x-90 red.1994 2 door tracker.   only Dead Fish go with the flow.                No Hairy Nosed Wombats were ran over on the trail today.       My ZUK is Xenophobic.

Offline jeff1997

• Suzuki: A Jeep thing only cheaper!!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 06:14:14 PM »
Chains
1997 4dr. Sidekick Sport 1.8L DOHC
2" coil spacers- I make and sell 1.5" and 2" on e-bay.  Look under seller: hoepkers
3" Masterkit1 body lift
Custom strut spacers
31/11.50/16 Super Swamper LTB's w/1.5" wheel spacers Steel bumpers Custom cold air intake 2" exhaust w/cherry bomb 98 Expedition, 2" lift, 35's, Magnaflow exhaust - BIG BLUE

Online ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 09:23:08 AM »
He prob. has a 1.8 engine, do they have timing belts or chain?

Not a timing belt; a serpentine alternator/powersteering/waterpump belt.

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline mrfuelish

• you must have a perception problem.
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 11:25:32 AM »
I knew that would wake somebody up, I was going to ask him to check the air in the tires but thought that was just too mean. sorry.
1987,1988,1988,1990 samurai's,  1953 m38a1,  1996 x-90,blue.1996 x-90 red.1994 2 door tracker.   only Dead Fish go with the flow.                No Hairy Nosed Wombats were ran over on the trail today.       My ZUK is Xenophobic.