Hello Guest

Is 2 lane passing a scary experience?

• 18 Replies

95XL7

Re: Is 2 lane passing a scary experience?
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2006, 04:43:56 PM »
I really don't have any problems passing....auto trans down shifts and screams right by.... ;D

Offline Uncivilized

• Car Domain
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2006, 07:59:45 PM »
I really don't have any problems passing....auto trans down shifts and screams right by.... ;D
I'm jealous.  ;)

Offline SiKiD_01

• Fully Sik, Flying Vit.
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2006, 04:22:16 AM »
As we say over here 'It doesn't so much accelerate as gather momentum'  ;D ;D

thats gold. LOL

well, i've tried overtaking a few times, but it just doesnt work most of the time. it only works when i'm going down hills. 2nd gear revs its tits off, and goes no where, and 3rd, well, its either gutless because you're not going fast enough to be in the power band (power band? whats that?) or you end up revving the tits out of 3rd just like 2nd. and dont even think about 4th or 5th gear.

so...... is it scary? maybe, but i'll need to trying it at least once 1st, and then i can tell you. although, doing 120KM/H (down hill, windows up) in my vit is a scary enough situation.

but i tell you what, i can pass the sammys so easily, and when you get back into your lane, they are just a speck of dust in your, well, my rear view mirror. i love it, they try to keep up, but they just can't. even if i have a old 8V carby, they still only got 1.3L.
1989 Suzuki Vitara... Stock Standard

something closer to home: www.DARWIN4X4.net[/url]

outerlimits4x4.com = Great Tech, Bad Influence

Offline AJMBLAZER

• Your mom.
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2006, 04:15:53 PM »
Passing is not so bad with the 215/75R15's that the '96 is wearing now.  I can definately tell the 16V has a poke more pep than the 8V's I've had...even with the 3-speed auto.  It's not my 4.0L V6 Ranger with 4.56 gears or the GV with that 2.5L V6 but it'll pass if you plan it well enough.  Lots of old folks and morons who like to dawdle around here.

However when it had the 31's on... :P  4.30's + 31's = slooooow.