Hello Guest

I want the first sticker

• 23 Replies

Offline zo6gun

Re: I want the first sticker
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2009, 08:18:24 PM »
Hey, Dowry...
You go north out of Bridgeport on Hwy 128 into Nevada about 15 miles.  After you get into Nevada you take the first turn off to the right after you go over the Walker River bridge.  There's a big ranch there with a trail that goes up into the Sweetwater Mountains.  It's a rought trail (about a 5-7) but goes all the way to the top, a distance of about 20 miles.  Star City is your first plateau at about 9K feet.  You can tell you're there by the diggings on the right and it's the only flat place in the last 10 miles.  You can go farther up the mountain (11k) to Belfort where there are some old log cabins and a bunkhouse (1850's).  It's a climb, but well worth it.  Be on the lookout for bears, no kidding.  All of the troublesome bears from Yosemite are dumped in that area by the California Fish and Game, nice guys.  I'm usually on vacation at Mono Village Campground at Upper Twin Lakes in July or August (bears are a pain in the ass there, too).  If you're in the area, give me a shout and we can do some ghost towning.  ZO6 Gun     

Offline RazBarlow

• It's Barney !
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2009, 04:31:53 AM »
Ghost towns ? Are there really ghost towns ? Man, I am from Iowa aren't I ?
Raz

Offline zo6gun

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2009, 10:09:38 AM »
 Hey, Razbarlow...
 You "bet ya red rider" within a fifty mile radius of Bridgeport there are at least five honest to goodness real ghost towns - Bodie, Masonic, Star City, Aurora and one I can't recall the name of.  Only Bodie is a state park.  All the rest are open for exploration and there are many diggings too boot.
     But as they say, leave only footprints and only take memories and pictures as responsible "Wheelers".
       My great-great-grandfather came to California from Scotland around the horn during the gold rush and possilby ended up in Bodie, so I have an interest in the area.  In fact, there are Piute Indians in Bishop that use our family name.  Guess that guy sure got around! >:D A lot of history in that neck of the woods and gold in them thar hills. 
All the best.    ZO6-Gun   

Offline dowry

• Vroom.
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2009, 01:17:40 AM »
Hey, Dowry...
You go north out of Bridgeport [etc]....  If you're in the area, give me a shout and we can do some ghost towning.  ZO6 Gun     

Thanks man!  I was assuming it was in CA, silly me.  It sounds awesome!  I love ghost towns, and have grown wise enough in my old age to stay out of the mine shafts.

PM sent.

D

Offline zuksofhazzard

• them darn Zuk boys
    • MOAB PICS
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2009, 05:21:39 AM »
Hey Raz, you could go to any place that does Vinyl Decals.

They could easily do whatever you wanted in Word or Sentence form.

Just pick the saying, color, and measure your rig where you want it. They'll make it fit. You can even choose the Font. (text style)

I have all of my stuff made locally. The couple of places that I've used have been very reasonable.

Look into it locally.  ;)

Offline flea

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
    • kczuks.US
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2009, 12:47:35 PM »
nunk and gibby do a great job on ours and they are out of KC   Heartandsoulcustom painting.

they are both zuki owners and you can get em at kczuks.US  or ive got their personal emails ill give you upon requests.

the have a vinyl machine and programs

im getting ready to place an order so i know they will need to order vinyl soon.
we also have a couple screen printers that do a few of the local parks shirts,

« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 12:50:35 PM by flea »

Offline BIG DOG

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2009, 01:40:19 PM »
You guys shouldn't talk so much smack about the JEEPs .After all they are a great rig as 80% of them that have been built in the last 20 years are still on the trail ........................................................
... The other 20% made it home  :laugh: :laugh:
Some of the dumbest people I know seem to know everything.........Funny about that!

Offline YellowZR2

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2009, 04:50:11 PM »
OK so I have this image flash in my head:

The image is a man standing there, head hanging down and pockets pulled out and under it it reads:

J  E  E  P
  u          m            v          o
  s           p            e          c
  t           t              r          k
              y             y          e
                                        t

That image came from iCLIPART
02 Tracker ZR2 2 door (mostly stock-BORING)
05 trailblazer LS stock and staying that way-it's our tow vehicle.

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2009, 08:17:44 PM »
[/url]