Hello Guest

How To Camouflage Your Car

• 25 Replies

Offline SNJSamurai

• Always have fun in life never know when it can end
How To Camouflage Your Car
« on: November 10, 2008, 03:56:06 PM »
So I've been pretty bored lately due to weather, things breaking, and lack of day light after work  >:(

I did some thread searching and i was surprised there wasn't a "How-To" for camouflaging a car.
I decided to start one  8) but i have no idea where to start, I've never done it.

I was thinking maybe with every ones input this could become a good thread for everyone

Happy Posting
Bob
88' Samurai - 5" Lift, 3" DIY Body Lift, 31" Baja Claws, Rattle can flat green, Smittybilt Winch, Custom front bumper, 1.6 swap in progress

Offline Carnage

• If you only knew the POWER...
Re: How To Camouflage Your Car
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 08:11:17 PM »

my personal fav:

Offline SNJSamurai

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 09:10:04 PM »
LMAO
Bob
88' Samurai - 5" Lift, 3" DIY Body Lift, 31" Baja Claws, Rattle can flat green, Smittybilt Winch, Custom front bumper, 1.6 swap in progress

Offline Maroon Monsoon

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 10:10:22 PM »
ha, that camo is so good I can't even see the vehicle!
2000 Grand Vitara.. boondox coil spacer lift w/ pro comp 2 inch lift shocks and ome struts. 225/75 R16 Kumho Mt's, powdercoated wheels, rear brake line relocation and stuff to acomodate. custom exhaust and intake along with some 1 off accesories.

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 03:17:45 PM »
Just a reminder, the part of the forum this thread was originally posted in "Build Diaries, How-To, DIY" is for people that have done a project and want to communicate specific details of that project to the rest of the group.

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline SNJSamurai

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 09:18:30 AM »
Just a reminder, the part of the forum this thread was originally posted in "Build Diaries, How-To, DIY" is for people that have done a project and want to communicate specific details of that project to the rest of the group.

-Eric

thats right but it seems no one has input  :(
Bob

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 09:19:53 AM »
Are you trying to paint cammo on or do you want to just go vinyl?  These days you can buy a cammo wrap and just stick it on.

Painting gets a bit more interesting.  :D
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 09:23:38 AM »
The real trees HD vinyl camo is so sweet. Looks so real! That stuff is pretty tuff also.

Offline SNJSamurai

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 11:26:17 PM »
The real trees HD vinyl camo is so sweet. Looks so real! That stuff is pretty tuff also.

checked it out and that is pretty sweet camo but im looking for a rattle can design or something cheaper.
Bob

Offline locjaw

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 07:52:45 AM »
checked it out and that is pretty sweet camo but im looking for a rattle can design or something cheaper.
it's all your design. i picked up an old bedframe from a customer for my son and asked him what color he wanted it, he said camo! so we bought some bright blue, light grey and dark grey spray paint and just went for it. it turned out sweet. look at it this way... if you dont like it, just go get some more paint!!
1995 Sidekick SAS'd "Trail Slayer"
1993 4 door lifted "Road Warrior"
1995 4 door stocker "CreamPuff"

Offline Z71Edge

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 08:13:57 AM »
Just remember to start out by doing a basecoat of the lightest color you want to use (say Tan or OD green), then start designing different blotches with the darker colors (Browns and Black). I've done some pretty sweet looking camo designs (With weeds, leaves, and branches) to a couple of my buddies duck hunting boats. Turned out really good, and how I described for you to do it was how I started out.
93 Tracker, 1.6L 5spd, 235's on stockers for now...

Offline SNJSamurai

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 11:49:37 AM »
ok cool im army green now so im going to have to do darker colors.

this god damn rain just keeps coming every time i have a free day  >:(
Bob

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 10:05:23 PM »
3 cans olive green 3 cans tan 3 cans flat black      rattle can

i took some 1000 grit and scuffed the paint up    then i went out and yanked me some tree limbs off

painted the whole sidekick olive green   then i took my limbs w/leaves  and just randomly held them on the sidekick while spraying my "highlight colors"

best i can do  for pics 

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2008, 10:08:07 PM »
wow them pics suck   ill try and get some more tomorrow  itll still be dirty(washing its a sin) but better camera    ;D

it breaks up really nice 

Offline ZukiPower

• Gwendolyne: '93 Kick
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2008, 10:35:17 AM »
Well, camouflage is all about the environnement.  If you are in snow, paint it white, in mud a good brown/green is fine...

But what if you are in the middle of a psychedelic LSD-induced dream?  ???

THIS!

:laugh:
There's a old saying in Quebec who said: "Grosse corvette, p'tite quequette!".  It means "Big cars are for those who have to compensate for a very small wiener".  Therefore, I love my VERY SMALL Zuki!!!