Hello Guest

hey digger..

• 39 Replies

Offline museboy07

hey digger..
« on: March 18, 2007, 07:25:36 PM »
Hey man you and i are both from western pa and i was wondering if you have, know, or seen anyone sellin a track/kick?  It doesnt need to run the only thing im lookin for is minimal rust, 5 speed and 4x4.   I got like 700 bucks to spend so if you seen one around that price let me know.  I know that aint alot of money but it dont need to be perfect cause i got a 94 i could swap alot onto it.  Thanks in advance man.  :)
1994 Tracker, 2in Ironman springs w/ 1in spacers on top, soon to have custom diff drop brackets, 31x10.5-15 All Tarrains, Pro Comp long travel shocks, KYB performance struts, strut mount flip w/2in extensions, 3in rear a-arm spacer, ...DD

Offline fullsink18

• Wheel Me!
Re: hey digger..
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 08:21:46 AM »
Hey

I have a 94 Tracker that I will be getting rid of as soon as I get my sidekick rebuilt.  Which will happen as soon as the weather stops being crappy.  Its high mileage and very limited rust.  I would let it go for $750 with junk tires and $950 with a good set of winters.  It has new plugs, distributer and rotor, plug wires, new intake, fuel filter, and timing belt.  (The timing belt and fuel filter will be one as soon as the snow melts. (this last storm messed alot of my plans up).  So if you can hold out for a month I would gladly sell it. 
94 2dr kick 8v
-     Full set of Calmini's skid plates, calmini header and full exhaust, k&n filter, sky idler arm, calmini idler arm brace and truss with stabalizer, lock-rite rear locker, Calmini 3"  BL, 2" Digger Spacers, Shrockworks bumper, chicago electric 8,000lb winch, 31" Grabber AT2, 15x7 2

Offline museboy07

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 12:44:29 PM »
where you located at man? Im in Canonsburg, Pa.  And it would be great if you could get some pics up...and what is the actual milage?
1994 Tracker, 2in Ironman springs w/ 1in spacers on top, soon to have custom diff drop brackets, 31x10.5-15 All Tarrains, Pro Comp long travel shocks, KYB performance struts, strut mount flip w/2in extensions, 3in rear a-arm spacer, ...DD

Offline fullsink18

• Wheel Me!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 12:49:49 PM »
Hey

I will try to take some pics tonight may look dirty cause of the recent snow storm.  222000 miles and there is a miss at idle.  If you are on the gas it runs great.  Lock-in hubs also.  I will have the miss diagnosed before I sell. It may be the timing belt.

I am form Patton, PA close to Altoona
94 2dr kick 8v
-     Full set of Calmini's skid plates, calmini header and full exhaust, k&n filter, sky idler arm, calmini idler arm brace and truss with stabalizer, lock-rite rear locker, Calmini 3"  BL, 2" Digger Spacers, Shrockworks bumper, chicago electric 8,000lb winch, 31" Grabber AT2, 15x7 2

Offline museboy07

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 02:29:55 PM »
ya pics would be great..take them of all four angles of the body, engine and interior if you can.  220,000 miles sounds like alot to me but does the engine it have good power?  burn oil? start up good? and if it is the timing belt and you fix it i can probably guarantee you that i'll buy it. as you can see i'm really in need of one.  i want a new 4x4 project. one that at least runs to start with lol. oh yea is it a 5 speed? thanx man

Offline museboy07

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 11:21:04 AM »
???

Offline fullsink18

• Wheel Me!
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 06:59:43 AM »
Sorry did not get a chance to get pictures.  I will take them tonight as there is nothing else going on. 
Does not burn oil and I already replace the distributor o-ring (common oil leak spot).  Starts up fine.  4 wheel drive works good.  yes it is a 5 speed. 
94 2dr kick 8v

Offline museboy07

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 08:46:53 PM »
ok great man..just waitin on pics..and oh ya..you didnt answer if it had good power..the reson i ask is cause my old engine was pushin like 55lbs out of each cylinder and would barely go up any slope.  if its all good then great..i'd just be waitin on you to sell it ;D

Offline museboy07

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 05:43:47 PM »
you ever gonna get pics up?

Offline fullsink18

• Wheel Me!
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 08:47:23 AM »
Sorry for the wait.  Ended up in New York City over the weekend. 

Did a compression test yesterday night.  All of the cylinders are around 115-120 psi except for the second cylinder which was at 60 psi.  I have been able to determine that is a burnt exhaust valve.  We did adjust the valves yesterday also.  Power is really good even with the one bad cylinder.   

Here are the pictures

94 2dr kick 8v

Offline museboy07

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 11:30:44 AM »
hey man your tracker looks to be just what i need. I was hopin to spend no more then 700 bucks (im only 18 with a tight budget) with the junk tires on it.  But i got some questions..does it have any holes in the floor?  does it burn oil?  rough frame? 4wd work?  clutch in good shape?  transmission shift well? and is the fuel filter and timing belt on?  any visible leaks?...sorry for all the questions..  I wanna buy it i really do but to get the money id have to wait for my next 2 paychecks.  If you can wait a month to sell it then ill buy it for sure man.  we'll set up a date and time when i got the money. and we'll go from there. just so you know i am a guaranteed buyer of it in about a month so try not to sell it to someone else.

Offline fullsink18

• Wheel Me!
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 11:56:22 AM »
I will try to answer that all to the best of my knowledge.  Bought it in January to run in place of my wrecked sidekick, so i do not know much about it. 

It does have reconstructed title.

1. No holes in the front floor.  In the back by the rear seats drive side mount is rusted and should be fixed. Rocker panels are going to need work also.  The rear cross member by the gas tank is rusted out (happens on all the kicks i have seen. not a major thing easy to fix when you are in the process of body lift. 

2. Does not burn oil (replaced the distributer seal which was the only leak)

3.  Frame is in great shape no rust and is straight. 

4. Four-wheel drive works great used it all winter.  Manual hubs.  Used 4-low to pull 4 different cars out of the snow.

5. Clutch is in good shape.  But I think the throw out bearing is getting old. Shifts fine however

6. Transmission is good not problems with any gears. 

7. I am not sure if I will get time to do the fuel filter. But I will get the timing belt on before it is sold

8. New exhaust piping from the headers back. Down pipe does have small leak. 

9. I will give you the fuel filter.  I can even through in some newer rear struts. 

I can wait if you truly are interested.  I still have not fixed my sidekick so I can drive the tracker  but when ever you are ready let me know.  Even if my kick is not fixed i can run my mom's Rav4

94 2dr kick 8v

Offline museboy07

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 04:21:35 PM »
In the back by the rear seats drive side mount is rusted and should be fixed. Rocker panels are going to need work also.  The rear cross member by the gas tank is rusted out

If its possible can you take a pic of the rusted mount as i dont know what your talking about and the crossmember also.  Thanks alot and yes i am very interested.  :)

also whens it inspected till and try to get a pic of the rockers so i can see what your talkin about....thanks
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 04:25:40 PM by museboy07 »

Offline BigPig

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2007, 08:51:14 PM »
All of the cylinders are around 115-120 psi except for the second cylinder which was at 60 psi.

FYI, the Factory Service Manual says 170 PSI is the minimum.  Still might be a good deal, but you should plan on a rebuild or replacement engine.

'89 Sidekick w/ 4.5" of lift.

Offline museboy07

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2007, 05:23:23 AM »
how long you'd think ill get out of that engine? also fullsink..if i was to buy it would it make it over 100 miles back to my house? thanks