Hello Guest

Gas Tank Lift

• 7 Replies

Offline van7559

• I'll Leave Tracks All Over Your As$
Gas Tank Lift
« on: December 18, 2003, 03:21:25 AM »
Hey I have no access to a welder, but I really like the results that I've seen with the gas tank lift. Is there any way around this step? How long should it take to do something like this? Any help would be greatly appriciated.
95' Kick with a 3 in. body lift and plenty more to come!

Offline Mikerpm4x4

• Redline... all the time!
    • www.rpm4x4.com
Re: Gas Tank Lift
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2003, 08:08:42 AM »
It could probabally be done without welding. Possibly do something like the front of the tank in the rear.

As for time it varys per person (skill) / per rig (rust ect). Ive done several in under an hour however Ive heard of people taking up to 3 hours.

Mike
If your not living life to the fullest then your not living at all.

You wont really know if your wrong till your upsidedown

Offline van7559

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2003, 01:13:19 PM »
Well hell for that matter where do you live, do you wanna do mine?

Offline van7559

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2003, 04:12:06 PM »
This is probably a stupid ? but, can you use jb weld?

Offline Z3bra

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2003, 12:52:06 AM »
While I (as anyone who does shadetree mechanics or other homemade fabrication) love JB Weld for many things, this wouldn't be a situation where you'd want to use it unless of course you enjoy your gas tank falling off.

I would probably go with some brackets and mechanical fasteners (aka nuts and bolts).  Just get some angle and/or bar stock from a hardware store or Home Depot and aside from some drilling and cutting that should cover the worst of it.  Most of the angle stock like that is prettty easy to cut if you have a sawzall, chop saw, or worst case a circular saw with an abrasive blade on it.  You could of course use a hacksaw if time isn't a concern and it's all you've got to use.

You probably will also want to use something along the lines of U bolts for clamping onto the circular frame crossmembers.  For these you could probably get away with just using exhaust type U bolts if they're long enough to fit, but if the option is available to you to get better quality ones that would definitely be the way to go.

Offline UberAsuna

• Asuna Sunrunner 92'
    • Cranky's Ghetto My Website
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2003, 01:39:08 AM »
Anyone that lives not to far from the canada boarders in the area around quebec example ( vermont and others around ) that would like to do this for me ? i will pay him for his time but it will have to be after the snow melts down hehehe

you may ask me why not find someone in quebec area ... ill answer with this ...  they want to charge me 4 hours of work if not more ... and im sure it does NOT TAKE that long ...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2003, 01:40:21 AM by UberAsuna »
It's A Zuki Thing, Dig It Sucka ;) :D ;D

Offline Z3bra

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2003, 03:03:14 AM »
Yeah this is definitely the sort of thing that's better to do yourself or have a friend or fellow enthusiast do for/with you.

Offline brlj

• 6" Lift w/ 33x12.50 TSL Radials, Exoskeleton
    • Bills 93 Tracker
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2004, 03:17:42 AM »
Hey I sent you an email with some pics.

Later,
Bill