Hello Guest

Day 3 and already broken :(

• 6 Replies

BudweiserQuinn

Day 3 and already broken :(
« on: April 17, 2007, 06:13:18 AM »
okay ladies and gentlemen first I would like to start out by saying that this is a very nice forum, I have been watching it for a few days before I registered.  The broad range of knowledge will be helpful to a zuki noob like myself!

I have jus bought a 91 sidekick automatic 2 door convertable, it ran like a top for a day and a half, now it starts then  dies after a few seconds, runs rough while on.  the truck will not start right back up, but if you let it sit a few minutes it will repeat this cycle.  head gasket good, bought a new distibuter no change.  is there any thing that normaly goes bad on these trucks? When I am at school this morning I am going to get everything I can off AllData

Quinn

Online ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
Re: Day 3 and already broken :(
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 08:11:57 AM »
okay ladies and gentlemen first I would like to start out by saying that this is a very nice forum, I have been watching it for a few days before I registered.  The broad range of knowledge will be helpful to a zuki noob like myself!

I have jus bought a 91 sidekick automatic 2 door convertable, it ran like a top for a day and a half, now it starts then  dies after a few seconds, runs rough while on.  the truck will not start right back up, but if you let it sit a few minutes it will repeat this cycle.  head gasket good, bought a new distibuter no change.  is there any thing that normaly goes bad on these trucks? When I am at school this morning I am going to get everything I can off AllData

Quinn

Possibly a plugged fuel filter?

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline Yoak

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 04:18:21 PM »
Also check to ensure your map sensor (on firewall near battery) is hooked up properly....I had the same problem the other day when my vacume line fell off

Offline costa 05

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 05:18:41 PM »
sounds like a vacume line
when in doubt gas it!!

Offline BigPig

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 05:21:29 PM »
ECM??

Mine has never gone out but maybe some of you whose have can tell if this sounds like a possibility.

'89 Sidekick w/ 4.5" of lift.

BudweiserQuinn

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 06:34:14 PM »
sorry I didnt have time to say thank you for your help everyone, it turns out that the previous owner of this truck though t he was "joe mechanic" and did some not so expert wiring "MODS" to the fuel system, I am sorting them out now. 

UPDATE: after repairing some of the "spaghetti wiring" performed by the prior owner I decided to go for a top down gruise to take advantage of the weather we had yesterday.  everything was great till the end of the day when I decided it was time to go home.  I have plastic "vent-visors" on my truck...   I was standing on the rocker panel on the passenger side cliping the front part of the top, when I put my right foot on the ground I rolled my ankle causing me to drop like a 260 pound sack of potatoes, natural instinct was to gran the top of the door to catch myself... turns out that the ventvisors will cut through you like butter... to make a long story short I cut the flesh completely off 1/3 of my little finger and to make matters worse it is my right had... very bad day...

Offline HotRod

• 95 Tracker
    • cardomain.
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 07:03:05 PM »
Oouch!!Oouch!! Oouch!! :o

Didn't bend the door frame?
I had a truck the previous owner thought he was a mechanic.
Took out a 5gal bucket of extra wires, butt connecters,splices ontop of splices,
 and god knows what else.
95 2dr Geo Tracker with Calmini 6"inch combo lift, 32'inch BFGs M/Tlocked and loaded--D.D is my 06 Racy RED Aerio SX AWD