Hello Guest

power back. still idles high then loops untill under hood temp is above 60

• 2 Replies

trashers delight

new jasper motor repair shop install,new o2 senser,thermostate,fuel filter,and cluch. has a header cold air intake. already checked 4 vacume leaks. computer code said something about air temp and it wasnt the senser. took it back to shop yesterday mech ajusted timing. then told me he got it to idle fine inside the garage but when he took it for a test drive (its realy cold here) and said it started to idle high again. he told me its because of the cold air intake. i had the intake on the old motor with no problems drove it in the cold, warm and in between. any input would be great thanx

posted this on jan 26 didnt get much help there.. :(    2 guys just argued over how n o2 senser worked.   any way its a 98 4 door 4 wd 16v 1.6. the code was for the down stream 02 senaer i took it and the cat off before old motor went bad(ran fine then). it wasnt an air temp code like i said above. i did end up taking it to another shop(second oppinion) they fixed the timeing and got the power where it should be. any ideas?

Offline Armour

Re: power back. still idles high then loops untill under hood temp is above 60
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 09:30:37 PM »
Sorry about the O2 bs before. You say you took the O2 off before you changed the engine? Is it back on now?
89 Sidekick. 33's.  Lincoln Locker,4.24 T Case, 5.13 gears. Warn M8000 winch.
96 Tracker. 39.5's Locked 44's front and rear, 6.5 t case, 4.10 gears.

Offline Armour

Re: power back. still idles high then loops untill under hood temp is above 60
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 09:15:15 AM »
Did you get it figured out?
89 Sidekick. 33's.  Lincoln Locker,4.24 T Case, 5.13 gears. Warn M8000 winch.
96 Tracker. 39.5's Locked 44's front and rear, 6.5 t case, 4.10 gears.