Hello Guest

camo paint?

• 14 Replies

Offline 92Sidekick4x4

• Spencer Atkinson, 92Sidekick4x4
camo paint?
« on: November 10, 2005, 12:50:33 AM »
as it says, anyone doen it to their zuk? i think it would look cool, any tips on how to do it, anygood instructions?? figure it would look cool on a sidekick.

my lug nuts require more torque then my engine makes ;)

Offline keith

Re: camo paint?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 05:22:32 AM »
I started painting my Tracker camo.  I used Rustoleum's camo paints.  They have 5 colors.  I started with the Forest Green which looks to me like olive drab.  Then I added the other colors to make the camo.  After doing the tailgate I decided to just go all olive drab.  Wasn't sure how good the camo would look with my limited artistic talent, plus I figured the neighbors didn't want to look at it in camo.

Offline zaggy

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 06:57:11 AM »
To heck with the neighbors........

Does anyone have a fool proof way of doing Camo. I know Heater and Nate I have done
it but when it comes to paint I'm a coward. I would love to do my next Suzuki airplane in Camo
but I haven't found a method I think I can handle.

Zag
92 Sidekick 4dr, Suzuki Powered Airplane

Offline tsanchez

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 08:16:06 AM »

Offline takai

• Yes, I drove that here. And No, it's not done!
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 08:29:06 AM »
Back when I still wheeled full size...I bought my K5 and it had been done in that Olive Drab. I didn't like it so I sprayed Zolatone over the entire rig. Inside and out. It came out really nice plus with the clearcoat had the the advantage of being scratch resistant. Just not Can opener proof.  ;D
87 Sammi "Sir Tweak " Rockcrawler 4:1, Mighty Kong , 1.6 16V, Centerforce II, 2" Exhaust, Esteem seats. - Long gone
97 Tracker "Jezebel"  Bone Stock DD

'Cause, I am to misbehave.

Offline zaggy

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 08:49:22 AM »
Thanks for the website.....great info!

Zag
92 Sidekick 4dr, Suzuki Powered Airplane

Offline legionnair

• I hate working lets go wheeling
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 10:16:40 AM »
spence why dont we just do it
you know I have every type of paint gun and I can borrow amys air brush kit
I am going to camo mine this summer when the weather gets hot

Peace Dustin
OOps, owell thats just the fender

Offline safarikick

• nor-cal rhinos
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/safarikick
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2005, 11:14:29 AM »
3+3 calmini 5.12 a lock in the back and front with steel front diff. 4.24 in tc

Offline 92Sidekick4x4

• Spencer Atkinson, 92Sidekick4x4
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2005, 01:06:03 PM »
spence why dont we just do it
you know I have every type of paint gun and I can borrow amys air brush kit
I am going to camo mine this summer when the weather gets hot

Peace Dustin

i was gonna ask you anyways  ;D ill call ya tomrmow morning, ill pop by before work maybe

my lug nuts require more torque then my engine makes ;)

Offline Twan013

• meh.
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2005, 04:30:36 PM »
here's my idea (no one steal this please, although i can't do anything about it if you do)....

I want to paint mine Olive Drab (the dark green), and use the lighter green and tan to make flames (fade from light green to brown), and use black to shadow the flames.... or something similar....

now just a few questions... am i going to have to strip the paint completely away, or can i just scuff it up with sandpaper (the tracker's black now, i figured i could strip the clear coat and use the black as a base)....also, can i use regular spray paint, or will i have to use automotive paint with a spray gun and all that?    I want to do this as easy and as cheap as possible

Offline Maiden Hell

• MAIDEN HELL!
    • My Space
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2005, 07:50:54 AM »
The other day I saw a killer Sidekick with the most amazing camo paint job I have ever seen.  It must of been professionally done.  The colours weren't big blotches either, they were small little blotches, hundreds of them all inter mingling.  It looked amazing, added to that it had a nice lift and some killer rim and tire combo.  If wasn't in such a hurry to head to were I was going I would have chased him down and ask the dude where he had that done.  :o

Offline samuraiVT

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2005, 07:56:16 AM »
this is on ebay right now about a month ago they had a different one on ebay with a camo tape kit.
88.5 samurai 8in springover lift 32x12x15 firestone RMT's on black rockcrawlers lockers front and rear with auto tracker seats sidekick gears custom bumpers front and rear spray in bed liner soon to come winch, paint, top,  hopefully a 1.6l swap full roll cage and some other

Offline Twan013

• meh.
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2005, 06:41:15 PM »
(camo tape kit = CamoClad)..... i found a website on this stuff a while back... www.camoclad.com...    they got stuff to cover the entire vehicle, or strips to cover half, or only sections of it... they also have just rolls of camo duct tape, so if you want to wrap your winch bumper or cargo rack, it woudn't be so hard... they also have tons of pictures to give you ideas on how to make it custom... different prints (mostly hunting stuff, i don't think they have military camo).... oh, and this stuff protects the vehicle from scratches, and can easily be removed with a hair dryer or heat gun...           i'm sure you can get close to the same stuff from different companies, but this is the only one i've seen... it uses 3M material, so its real durable and stuff....

Offline zuki4fun

• luv machine
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2005, 06:54:24 PM »
heres kinda a camo but its more of a urban.......

Offline mrfuelish

• you must have a perception problem.
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2005, 11:17:40 PM »
A friend of mine painted his olive drab and them took a leaf off of a maple tree set it up to his rig took out a can of flat black and sprayed around the edge of the leaf and it looks real good,I guess you could put what ever leaf you wanted to on it(13?)it would look kinda diffrent  ;D
1987,1988,1988,1990 samurai's,  1953 m38a1,  1996 x-90,blue.1996 x-90 red.1994 2 door tracker.   only Dead Fish go with the flow.                No Hairy Nosed Wombats were ran over on the trail today.       My ZUK is Xenophobic.