Hello Guest

Buy one in Phoenix?

• 7 Replies

Offline keith

Buy one in Phoenix?
« on: December 09, 2008, 06:46:56 AM »
I"m in the market for a 1990-95 2 door Trackkick.  I will be visiting Phoenix in February for work.  I would like to find a rust free 1995 or older Trackick when I'm down there and drive it back to Illinois.  In general what condition are these in?  Most of the ones in Illinois are rust pits.  Does the sun in Phonenix take a toll on them?  Or are most of them beaten to crap down there?  Anyone from that area want to keep a look out for a nice one for me?

Offline bbagwell

Re: Buy one in Phoenix?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 11:05:47 AM »
The sun will take its toll on the interior and the paint. 
2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara
1983 Toyota PU

Offline reb

• Victim of CRS--Can't Remember Anything.
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 12:49:34 PM »
There are some nice ones here, but sometimes hard to find.  I would recommend you shop this area via the internet before leaving.  Also, do the web-based title check thing to ensure the vehicle you like wasn't brought here from the rustbelt.

I shopped pretty hard a couple of years ago before buying my Sport.  I found several that didn't look so good after a title check.  I'm still kicking myself for missing a '95 or '96 2 door with about 60k miles on it.  I called an hour or 2 too late.  When you find a good one, you have to act quickly.

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 09:26:19 AM »
The sun will take its toll on the interior and the paint. 

HA!  That's nothing compared to what snow belt road salt will do! :P

I'd much rather replace deteriorated cloth and paint than rotted-out metal.

Offline urbanwheeler

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 06:49:28 PM »
The one I had was a 1990 and was covered up its whole life, and I bought it from its original owner, with 124000 miles on it and a blown head gasket. But after having it for just a year, the plastic and paint went quickly, despite my efforts to take care of it (armor all and wax, plus some perma plate plastic protector I got from my work). The clear coat went bad on the hood, and the plastic handles got sunbaked and cracked very fast. I finally gave up on keeping it nice when I hit a deer with it, and the transmission began to go bad (It eventually broke, and that's why I don't still have it as a wheeler).
Runnin' it stock with 225/75R15s and an unmodified 8valve TBI motor (I need a doug thoroley header and a cam) (more power) (1.6 liters of madness) (vroom + sewing machine sounds)

Offline jeff1997

• Suzuki: A Jeep thing only cheaper!!!!
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 11:59:27 AM »
Keith, where in IL are you? I've seen some good ones down here in southern IL but if you are north, the snow and salt will kill em all.
1997 4dr. Sidekick Sport 1.8L DOHC
2" coil spacers- I make and sell 1.5" and 2" on e-bay.  Look under seller: hoepkers
3" Masterkit1 body lift
Custom strut spacers
31/11.50/16 Super Swamper LTB's w/1.5" wheel spacers Steel bumpers Custom cold air intake 2" exhaust w/cherry bomb 98 Expedition, 2" lift, 35's, Magnaflow exhaust - BIG BLUE

Offline keith

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 08:21:23 PM »
Keith, where in IL are you? I've seen some good ones down here in southern IL but if you are north, the snow and salt will kill em all.

I'm near Chicago.  I'd get one from southern Ill if I found a nice one.

Offline jeff1997

• Suzuki: A Jeep thing only cheaper!!!!
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 06:09:24 AM »
I'll keep on the lookout for a nice 2dr.
1997 4dr. Sidekick Sport 1.8L DOHC
2" coil spacers- I make and sell 1.5" and 2" on e-bay.  Look under seller: hoepkers
3" Masterkit1 body lift
Custom strut spacers
31/11.50/16 Super Swamper LTB's w/1.5" wheel spacers Steel bumpers Custom cold air intake 2" exhaust w/cherry bomb 98 Expedition, 2" lift, 35's, Magnaflow exhaust - BIG BLUE