Hello Guest

4.3 chevy in a sidekick

• 6 Replies

Offline thefuzz

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
4.3 chevy in a sidekick
« on: June 25, 2006, 07:31:19 PM »
Well I was thinking of putting a 4.3L chev in my kick and wanted to know if any one has done this swap and if they have any problems. And any suggestions on a trans

Offline zukzilla1662

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
Re: 4.3 chevy in a sidekick
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 07:34:16 PM »
you could use a 700r out of a blazer for the trans

Offline chet

• Zuki time!
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 09:31:07 AM »
you can use any trans that bolts to a small block chev. so t350,t400,th700,sm465 4 speed,
1991 4 door kick, 2" coil spacers, 30" Coopers, winch, locker, rust, dents, etc.

Offline dustyz

• Leaving a trail wherever I go...
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 05:38:30 PM »
I am currently workin on it in my tracker.

At first I was gonna do it without a body lift... but quickly realized it wasn't gonna happen. I have some 3" tubing coming this week for a body lift. The tranny tunnel hasta be widened a bit to make room for the wide 700R bellhousing & exhaust. Fuel supply needs to be addressed if you go fuel injection like I am. Exstensive driveshaft mods... transfer case situations... wiring harness crap... crossmembers... etc...
---
dustyz

'92 Tracker 4x4 Auto

Offline explosivo

• I'm in the northern part of that one state.
    • omghi2u Gen. Discussion Forums
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 06:13:00 PM »
You're going to be chewing up axles like crazy with a 4.3L and stock Sidekick running gear. You'd probably want to do some form of axle swap, like a steel front housing with Toyota CVs and a Toyota 8" rear or a Ford 9" rear to keep up with the power. Plus 5.12s gears combined with the gearing out of a Chevy trans will make for some deep gearing.

Of course I did it the other way around... I had a set of D44's (now 3/4 ton Chevy's) and went with a bigger motor ;)

omghi2.us[/url]
"Its a ZUKI thing. Doing more with less than less with more." -- HotRod

Offline dustyz

• Leaving a trail wherever I go...
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 09:44:27 AM »
I have a spare sammy sitting on the farm if I wanna go straight axle... and several blazers I can use to rig something up if (read when) I run in to problems. Until then, I just wanna get it on the road... then I will worry about making it hold up. :-)

FWIW explosivo, mine will never look like yours. I wanna keep mine on the road, and I think yours would get noticed a little too much running down the highway! :-)
---
dustyz

'92 Tracker 4x4 Auto

Offline explosivo

• I'm in the northern part of that one state.
    • omghi2u Gen. Discussion Forums
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 11:40:44 AM »
I have a spare sammy sitting on the farm if I wanna go straight axle... and several blazers I can use to rig something up if (read when) I run in to problems. Until then, I just wanna get it on the road... then I will worry about making it hold up. :-)

FWIW explosivo, mine will never look like yours. I wanna keep mine on the road, and I think yours would get noticed a little too much running down the highway! :-)
Just keep the drivetrain issues in mind before you go into the project ;)
omghi2.us[/url]
"Its a ZUKI thing. Doing more with less than less with more." -- HotRod