grand vitara parcel shelf

• 1 Replies

Offline Uyonna

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
    • delivery flowers Moscow
grand vitara parcel shelf
« on: April 29, 2020, 10:29:49 PM »
hi all.

im new to the suzuki (and 4x4) world. i bought my grand vitara 2 weeks before lockdown - cant wait to take her off road!

so - from what i can find on the world wide web...it looks like the grand vitara parcel tray is impossible to find second hand.. or even new?

any leads or anyone that knows where to start looking for one?

thanks

Online fordem

Re: grand vitara parcel shelf
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 07:43:18 AM »
No one here can help you, because no one here knows what you're really asking about.  You need to start by telling us what you have - yes - it's a Grand Vitara - but which one is it?

"Parcel shelves" are available new, even for the earliest models, but, I'm not certain that you would want to pay the price and more so the shipping charges, which take me to the next point - asking where to find something when you don't tell us where you are can lead to a journey down the rabbit hole.

Start looking at megazip.net and be aware that the "parcel shelf" may not really be a shelf in that it cannot support any significant amount of weight - Suzuki calls it a "tonneau cover" and their intent is to conceal what is in the cargo area, putting stuff on top can create a dangerous situation if you're forced to brake suddenly.

I've built covers/shelves using 10mm ply covered with carpet - it's not difficult and even if you had to go out & buy a jigsaw to do it, you would probably come out ahead pricewise, and you would have the saw for further projects.
'98 SQ420 Grand Vitara
'05 JB420 Grand Vitara
'16 APK416 Vitara
'21 A6G415 Jimny