Hello Guest

Trackota YJ - SAS Project Pictures

• 85 Replies

Offline 91zukisas

Re: Trackota YJ - SAS Project Pictures
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2010, 05:17:56 PM »
I got a set(front & rear) of 84 toyota pickup axles from a junk yard for $300, then rebuilt them.
91 2door Sidekick yota Axels  SAS Kit, header and custom intake, etc
04 Kia Sorrento, Limited slip, 31X10.50 2" lift
89 Sammy Tintop-new project :D
95 TSI, EVO 3 16g turbo swap, front mount, 20lbs boost

Offline jawman

« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2010, 08:29:36 PM »
that is the best price I have found them at too.
Zuki addict. I have five zuks right now and not even thinking about stopping.
87 Sami tin top
91 4 door SOLD
93 4 door
95 4 door
95 Geo 2dr V6
keep them coming

Offline Minmatar

• That lake is just too clean....right zuki? >=)
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2010, 10:55:28 AM »
Ok im gonna start spaming this topic until i get an answer on kit prices....... >=l I refuse to let this subject get any lower on the totem pole of DIY.

Sky

Boon

LETS GET SOME PRICES!

Did you call them?

-Eric

Call who? I dont see any numbers to call........Im sitting on cash to spend and the zuki just blew a thermostat. Full close for 2 miles = plastic radiator bezzle shot. =( major over heat and id rather buy the lift and think of a new power plant.
<)O.o(> NO!!!!! *as the sidekick rolls* My beer =(

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2010, 10:58:38 AM »
Ok im gonna start spaming this topic until i get an answer on kit prices....... >=l I refuse to let this subject get any lower on the totem pole of DIY.

Sky

Boon

LETS GET SOME PRICES!

Did you call them?

-Eric

Call who? I dont see any numbers to call........Im sitting on cash to spend and the zuki just blew a thermostat. Full close for 2 miles = plastic radiator bezzle shot. =( major over heat and id rather buy the lift and think of a new power plant.

Aren't you posting a question to Sky, to give you a price? I replied to that request saying "call them..." He doesn't frequent this board but I'm sure he'll be able to answer your questions about the kit he is developing. So, that's the who to call. :)

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline Minmatar

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2010, 11:42:15 AM »

Sky

Boon

LETS GET SOME PRICES!

Did you call them?

-Eric

Aren't you posting a question to Sky, to give you a price? I replied to that request saying "call them..." He doesn't frequent this board but I'm sure he'll be able to answer your questions about the kit he is developing. So, that's the who to call. :)

-Eric

Doesn't he understand we're the best of the best? >=l HMMM???!!!!!

Im still not sure who im suppose to be calling from sky.....

Offline Minmatar

« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2010, 02:37:03 PM »
I called SKY and they still have no prices in mind. They're still "working the kinks" out. =( this makes me sad. If i could even buy the prototype id be stoked...... Im glad i looked at their gallery. 9 Pics of the kit are up some are action shots ;)

Offline flexmonger

• live to wheel and wheel to die.
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2010, 10:21:14 PM »
  Is  the back of that Sky kit using yj springs also or a coil kit?  Are slip yoke eliminators needed for the Sky and Trail tough kit? If so, I can see the use of the sammy tcase.

Offline Minmatar

« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2010, 08:01:29 AM »
  Is  the back of that Sky kit using yj springs also or a coil kit?  Are slip yoke eliminators needed for the Sky and Trail tough kit? If so, I can see the use of the sammy tcase.

Sky kit is leafed all around if you go to their site you can see the suspension setup. Looks like the rear is pushed out 3 1/4" with a shackle mount coming off the outside of the frame.I like this idea due to everyone on the 4 doors running their springs into the gas tank. (nice move in my opinion) Looks sturdy.

I believe a sammy T case is ideal (especially if you do the rear off set axle like the samurai guys)

Question is if you wanna get rid of the Tracker T Case all together and run only the sammy case? |removethispart|@ 6 to 1. Would it be enough 2wd for free way and around town.

Offline jawman

« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2010, 08:18:04 PM »
I looked at the sky setup and noticed the shacle is in the bace and not the front like most are. that is different.
87 Sami tin top
91 4 door SOLD
93 4 door
95 4 door
95 Geo 2dr V6
keep them coming

Offline Minmatar

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2010, 12:36:30 PM »
Just an update. Just called SKY and they said we could see this kit out as soon as 3-4 weeks!!!!!!! start saving cause fathers day is right around the corner!!!

Any dad with a sidekick that would like to see some axles under it, making it the size of a Ford Diesel........mind u. Would love this kit!!!!

I know my dad would love me, to buy this for me, on fathers day! ha!

Lets not limit this to Fathers day now. Mothers day. Anniversaries, guys, does your little lady hate your sidekick cause everyone can see in as they drive past? NOW YOU CAN LOOK DOWN ON THEM! No longer will you be hassled by that ricer or old school American muscle guy.

Single? The sky kit can help you there too!!! See a nice looking girl you would like to talk to on the road? Run her |removethispart||removethispart|@$$ over and swap insurance! Always a good ice breaker.

Can ya tell the coffee is working?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 12:38:19 PM by Minmatar »

Offline jawman

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2010, 04:14:41 PM »
from the pictures it looks like it will be a weld on setup and not just bolting stuff up. what size tire do you think it could run?
87 Sami tin top
91 4 door SOLD
93 4 door
95 4 door
95 Geo 2dr V6
keep them coming

Offline Minmatar

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2010, 07:16:46 AM »
I've got a set of 35's already to go. Not the best choice but ill work with them until i figure out its characteristics. Ill be running a 1.5" spacer front and back. Unless i can find a full floating rear end. 5.29's and im looking into a sammy t-case. Ill prob drop the sidekick t case all together. and mach up a truss bracket. Ill keep it locked in the rear for now not much for rock crawling around here in the PNW.

Offline jawman

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2010, 08:33:30 PM »
I am planning on making a home made setup for my toy axles, but my DD broke down and can figure out how I am supposed to cut it up and rebuilt if I still need to drive it. I have some 33's if you want to trade minmatar. I am in Portland too. maybe we could get to gether and help each other out.
87 Sami tin top
91 4 door SOLD
93 4 door
95 4 door
95 Geo 2dr V6
keep them coming

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2010, 11:42:50 AM »
from the pictures it looks like it will be a weld on setup and not just bolting stuff up. what size tire do you think it could run?

Yes, it'll be a weld in kit. The prototype 4-door in the pictures has 35" tires on it.

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline Minmatar

« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2010, 11:48:40 AM »
Are those billstein 5125's? Those are pretty stiff.....