Hello Guest

Suzie SAS Build!!

• 84 Replies

Offline S.Sidekick

• Suzi Suzuki
Re: Suzie SAS Build!!
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2010, 01:03:34 PM »
hey, so here is how she will sit. This is a little lower than it will once the springs are welded on, but this gives you a good idea. Also i made a new sub box so i can have more room in the back let me know what you think. I had two 200 lb people sit in the back, and they said it didnt bother them.  here are some pics

Offline S.Sidekick

• Suzi Suzuki
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2010, 01:05:01 PM »
heres one more

Offline S.Sidekick

• Suzi Suzuki
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2010, 03:37:45 PM »
Does anyone know if toyota Driveline spacers bolt to a sidekick driveline. Will i have to have one made?

Offline c10long

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2010, 10:57:22 PM »
http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/index.php/suzuki/sidekick-tracker-x90/drivetrain/toyota-drive-line-adapters.html

this might work for ya.  not sure what thickness you need, but i'm sure you could have one made if you need a bigger spacer than this

Offline Amilla

• Toyota running gear was made for a samurai!
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2010, 05:47:07 PM »
Do you need a spacer or an adapter? Maybe a little bit of both?

Amilla
88 Samurai, Sprung Up, Geared Down, Locked,With Yotas.

Offline S.Sidekick

• Suzi Suzuki
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2010, 07:35:54 AM »
well thats where i am a little confused... I am using my stock drivlines, and was hoping to run a spacer to accomodate the lift, but i do not know if there is a spacer that bolts from sidekick drivline to toyota diff.

Offline Zukipilot

• stretch the limits of reality!!!
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2010, 10:03:42 AM »
well thats where i am a little confused... I am using my stock drivlines, and was hoping to run a spacer to accomodate the lift, but i do not know if there is a spacer that bolts from sidekick drivline to toyota diff.

There is a spacer that does this... It was originally for samurai/toyota conversions. Not sure where mine was purchased, but it was from one of the sites vendors.

Zig
Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick

Offline Amilla

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2010, 09:49:07 AM »
See if the center ring of the Sidekick drive shaft seats up with the pinon flange.  If it fits nice and tight you can simply just re-drill the flange to the correct bolt pattern.

Or you could get your self a set of Toyota drive shafts... They might be just the right length.
Whats your distance from flange to flange?
If I have any old stock Toyota shafts laying around ill measure them up and see if there in the ball park for ya.

Oh and Lowrange sells the Toyota to Suzuki adapters, made by Rock4x.  There good for all zuk models. Samurai, Sidekick, and Vitara.

Amilla

Offline S.Sidekick

• Suzi Suzuki
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2010, 09:07:46 AM »
I thought the Toyota driveshafts do not have a slip yoke? I thought theirs was in the middle of the driveshaft whereas the sidekick's is at the top?? Also another thing i was looking at is does anyone know how many splines the sidekick pitman arm is? My highsteer from Trailgear, came with one, but i do not know if it will work with the sidekick.

Offline Amilla

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2010, 01:36:06 PM »
Awww yes, forgot about the slip yoke.  You would have to get yourself slip yoke eliminator for your rig.  Toyota drive shaft or not,  it wouldn't be a bad idea to get your self a SYE.

Amilla

Offline S.Sidekick

• Suzi Suzuki
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2010, 11:15:17 PM »
well, i thought that since i am running stock leafs from a toyota, i would not need to. the Trail tought coil kit uses spacers so i thought i would be able to too.

Offline Amilla

« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2010, 01:47:45 PM »
If you have a way to cycle the suspension, you could measure full droop, then compression.  That would get you in the ball park, for shaft movement, and length.

Hope this helps

Amilla

Post up some pics of your ride, I want to see the progress.

Offline S.Sidekick

• Suzi Suzuki
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2010, 02:39:34 PM »
k, i will get pics up this weekend, i want to get my front axle painted. But i have two forklifts to measure my max flex/droop. My buddy just gave me rear shocks off his yj. i dont know if they will fit, but he had a 3.5" lift on his rig.

Offline S.Sidekick

• Suzi Suzuki
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2010, 10:45:02 AM »
hey, sorry for no pics, between the 4th, aniversary, and Supply Chain Management classes i got overloaded lol. I am planning on welding my frame extention and hopefully get one of the axles mounted this friday, so hopefully with school permitting ill get some more pics up.

Offline S.Sidekick

• Suzi Suzuki
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2010, 10:52:12 PM »
Help!!! so today i mocked up the sidekick with the final measurments, and i was wondering if anyone has any idea of how far forward my front axle should be?  Ill have pics up soon, but  when the wheels are centered i will rub when flexing and turning, so i ended up moving them forward a bit, but this will cause me to have to purchase a custom driveline. As of right now, my toyota leafs hang past my frame 8" and my tire has 7"s from bottome fender to tire. Does anyone know if this seems right?