Hello Guest

Sidekick Sport build 2

• 141 Replies

Offline RJkick

Re: Sidekick Sport build 2
« Reply #120 on: August 23, 2021, 08:44:43 AM »
Anyone running front limit straps to help preserve their cv axles? I tore one on the last trip.

I run them and just had to change them out from stretching a couple months ago.  I was replacing Driver side CV's every other trip and even removed the sway bar thinking that was ripping the CV boot but then after measuring realized it was my strap that needed to be replaced. 
92 Sidekick 1.6L 16v Calmini\OME 4.5" lift 3" Body Lift OME962 springs in front w\.75" spacers OME955 in rear w\1.75" spacers Extreme Duty Strut Eliminator kit and rear ProComp MX6 Shocks 31X10.50 Nexen M\T   Thorley Header   2" exhaust  Calmini front truss bar and stabilizer and skids   Custom Bumpers and Rock Rails  Limit Straps

« Reply #121 on: August 23, 2021, 10:40:47 AM »
RJKick,

Can I talk you out of any pics and strap specifics? I am looking at straps and adjustable clevis options.

I run them and just had to change them out from stretching a couple months ago.  I was replacing Driver side CV's every other trip and even removed the sway bar thinking that was ripping the CV boot but then after measuring realized it was my strap that needed to be replaced.

« Reply #122 on: September 02, 2021, 01:34:41 PM »
RJkick - Thanks for dm for the limit straps. They will help my CV's survive longer.

« Reply #123 on: October 10, 2021, 09:52:06 AM »
I was able to get the new catalytic converter in and repair the flange on the header. Unfortunately, my rear output bearing was toast. The replacement bearing didn't arrive in time to make the last ZukiWorld trip. I have ordered a complete transfer case rebuild kit, but I am going to look locally for the bearing. I already have the seal. I am hoping the whole t-case isn't toast.

I have installed Corbeau Moab seats. The brackets don't match the Sport, but they were close enough to modify for a proper fit. I am using the stock seat belt receivers. I don't have any pics yet, but will have some soon.

Offline JollyZuk

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #124 on: October 11, 2021, 07:31:18 PM »
Looking forward to pics of the seats!  I pulled the seats out of my parts rig because they are in better shape than my originals, but some aftermarket seats are hanging on the back burner.
1995 Sidekick JLX
16v 5 spd, milled head, LROR Stage 2 clutch
2" Spacer lift, XL7 rear springs,  2nd Gen front springs, W-Body GM Struts on front
OEM ROOF RACK!!!

« Reply #125 on: October 21, 2021, 06:07:09 PM »
I am heading to Portland in the morning to get my pickup. The plan is to overnight in Oregon, then drive down to Salt Lake City, where the Sidekick is. I will grab a couple of pics of the seats to post.

I have the following things coming up:
   New bearings for t-case
   Limit straps front and rear
   New front strut mounts are flipped. I have Dobinsons extended struts and need to flip the mounts back over.
   Fix A/C control cable that broke
   Will eventually replace all A/C components. I live in Texas and A/C is a necessary requirement.

« Reply #126 on: October 25, 2021, 08:04:23 PM »
I didn't get any seat pictures or even see the Sidekick this past weekend. I drove my new to me truck from Portand to Salt Lake City, arriving late and leaving again early in the morning. I am heading back to SLC to pull the transfer case and get it ready for my next trip. The new truck is only 2wd and not suitable for off road pin striping.

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #127 on: October 26, 2021, 10:10:36 PM »
Make for nice road cars though!
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

« Reply #128 on: November 01, 2021, 09:05:53 PM »
Here is a picture of the new seats. The pic was taken at night with led dome light on, through my tint. There are some reflections from the nearby buildings.

I received the rebuild kit, but had to buy different output shaft seals. The ones that came in the kit would just slide in. The of of the seals wasnt right. A local bearing house saved the day. The transfer case is installed and it drives well. 

Looking forward to pics of the seats!  I pulled the seats out of my parts rig because they are in better shape than my originals, but some aftermarket seats are hanging on the back burner.

« Reply #129 on: November 01, 2021, 09:06:58 PM »
Drone637 - It is definitely a nice ride. It was worth the trip to Portland pick it up.

Make for nice road cars though!

Offline JollyZuk

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #130 on: November 02, 2021, 03:34:52 PM »
Those seats are pretty nice!  Hope they make the ride more comfortable!
1995 Sidekick JLX
2" Spacer lift, XL7 rear springs,  2nd Gen front springs, W-Body GM Struts on front
OEM ROOF RACK!!!

« Reply #131 on: November 02, 2021, 09:51:25 PM »
The seats are more Comfortable than my wore out originals. I won't have to keep cleaning the foam that was always falling out of them either.

Offline JollyZuk

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #132 on: November 03, 2021, 11:07:06 AM »
Once it starts snowing under the seats, it is definitely time to go!  I swapped the seat out of my parts rig, which where mildly better than my originals, but at least they don't have a piece of metal poking the tail!  Do those seats fit well with the interior?  Height good?
1995 Sidekick JLX
OEM ROOF RACK!!!

« Reply #133 on: November 03, 2021, 11:55:35 AM »
The seats fit well and are comfortable. I'm using the original seat belts too. The only problem is that the bracket doesn't work with the Sport without modification. 

Offline JollyZuk

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #134 on: November 04, 2021, 10:29:01 AM »
I had a pair of seats out of a 90's Mustang I was going to use.  They were in really good shape, and comfy, right color, etc.  I got the passenger seat installed and lived with it for a while.  I ended pulling it because they just did not "fit" with the interior.  The seat bottom was a bit wider and crowded the console, and the seat just generally looked out of place.  Back to an old adage "Just because it fits doesn't mean it is right".  Those seats look to be sized correctly and really look good with the interior.  I looked them up and they are pricey, but Corbeau is a good seat, so I am sure they are worth it in the long run.  Do you know, are they a "suspension" style seat?
Also, another question...the window switches in the console for your rear windows, is that the factory location?  I have swapped out the original rear console in mine for the piece from my parts rig because it had the cup holders.  Now my rear window switches are just hanging out under the brake handle, and I am trying to figure out what I want to do with them.  I like the way the location in yours looks.
1995 Sidekick JLX
OEM ROOF RACK!!!