Hello Guest

Project UNIMOOKI

• 148 Replies

Offline mverley

• SPACE JUNK
Re: Project UNIMOOKI
« Reply #135 on: April 27, 2010, 07:36:49 AM »
It has been a long build, but that is the cleanest under side of a raised Zuki I have seen (both from the front and the side).  Now for the road tests.
GREAT JOB!!!!

It's not under its own power just yet...I still have quite a bit of work to do.  But getting the suspension under it was a major step in the right direction...
My rig is a fusion of Jazz and Funk; I call it JUNK

« Reply #136 on: May 08, 2010, 10:29:52 PM »
thats crazy high it needs to loose like 10in off the hight and cut some guard to fit the rubber in

Offline mverley

• SPACE JUNK
« Reply #137 on: May 08, 2010, 10:58:26 PM »
thats crazy high it needs to loose like 10in off the hight and cut some guard to fit the rubber in

it really isn't all that high...might look it in the pics, but I kept it as low as possible.  The portal axles hit the frame at full compression, and the upper control arms actually pass beside (not underneath) the oil pan and hit the floorboard.  The rear uppers hit the floorboard at full bump as well.  It just doesn't get any lower than that. 
My rig is a fusion of Jazz and Funk; I call it JUNK

« Reply #138 on: May 12, 2010, 02:51:50 AM »
must just be the portals that make it looks so high. great job on it though i wish we could have something like that over here.

Offline Jackdar

« Reply #139 on: December 18, 2010, 02:45:56 PM »
That is one Badass ride!! Mobile yet??
1994 Geo Tracker 2wd

Offline djlantis57

• Take your chrome home
« Reply #140 on: May 02, 2011, 11:29:35 PM »
sewerzuk,
Where you been lately? Haven't seen a post on this for quite some time. Free bump ;)
God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of things.  Right now I am so far behind, I will never die.
90 Tracker LSi 2dr tintop 5spd: slow toy . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 08 Pontiac G8 GT: fast toy
90 Tracker LSi 2dr 5spd: SOLD.......95 Tracker 2dr 5spd: parts..........90 Sidekick JX 5spd: HI, my name's DJ and I have an addiction.........93 Tracker 2dr 2wd 5spd: PS donor/poss. 4x4 swap from 95 parts

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #141 on: May 03, 2011, 08:37:59 AM »
sewerzuk,
Where you been lately? Haven't seen a post on this for quite some time. Free bump ;)

I think someone is spending way to much time on a duece and a half...  >:D

:)

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline locjaw

« Reply #142 on: May 03, 2011, 05:43:34 PM »
sewerzuk,

I think someone is spending way to much time on a duece and a half...  >:D

:)

-Eric
i think your probably gonna have to ask this question on a duce and a half forum :laugh:
1995 Sidekick SAS'd "Trail Slayer"
1993 4 door lifted "Road Warrior"
1995 4 door stocker "CreamPuff"

Offline Jluck

« Reply #143 on: May 04, 2011, 06:04:45 AM »
He made the rest of us look like a bunch of hacks anyway. His work is outstanding! And fun too watch,maybe he lurking occasionally???

And a while back on craigslist (listed in his home town) I saw some of the exact parts he used on the tracker build for sale.....maybe coincidence?? But those wheels I remember well, I almost bought them.

life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do about it!

Offline BRD HNTR

« Reply #144 on: May 04, 2011, 06:43:55 PM »
He made the rest of us look like a bunch of hacks anyway. His work is outstanding! And fun too watch,maybe he lurking occasionally???

And a while back on craigslist (listed in his home town) I saw some of the exact parts he used on the tracker build for sale.....maybe coincidence?? But those wheels I remember well, I almost bought them.

Not that Your work is considered "HACK WORK".
I enjoyed his work too.
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.

Offline locjaw

« Reply #145 on: May 05, 2011, 07:38:00 AM »

Not that Your work is considered "HACK WORK".
I enjoyed his work too.
yeh, you can only EAT off of jarad's engine compartment(and it will keep the food nice and warm ;) )

Offline Jluck

« Reply #146 on: May 05, 2011, 11:22:35 AM »
gee gorsh guys... :-[.......you will be disappointed to see it finished in person its really not that clean. (good camera)
life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do about it!

Offline locjaw

« Reply #147 on: May 06, 2011, 07:19:08 PM »
gee gorsh guys... :-[.......you will be disappointed to see it finished in person its really not that clean. (good camera)
but we dont want to see it clean, we want to see it buried to the axles in mud ;)

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
« Reply #148 on: May 06, 2011, 09:47:11 PM »
Yeah, and Locjaw gets to pull cable!  :laugh:
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER