Hello Guest

project : DUNE TRASH

• 102 Replies

Offline tombstone

Re: project : DUNE TRASH
« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2012, 04:44:10 PM »
So basically you bought a very nice capable Geo Tracker 4x4 for dirt cheap,then tore it apart so it no longer exists...good job!!

Offline ONE BAD TRACKER

« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2012, 11:20:26 PM »
Got the truck back from my buddys shop and he got the motor and carb adjusted correctlly and now its running even better . I worked on the truck this afternoon and got the wipers all hooked up and working . After that I started replacing the steering drag links and got all buttoned up . I also put some padding on the cage around the headrests on the seats just in case . Then I started to make filler panels to cover the gap from the body to the frame around the motor .
Heres some pics !

!!!!!!!!! DUNE TRASH FOR LIFE !!!!!!!!!

Offline ONE BAD TRACKER

« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2012, 08:32:39 PM »
Well I managed to get some to get some more time to work on the truck today . I made some filler panels to cover the gap between the body and the front frame rails out of some aluminum sheet metal that I got from the local scrap metal yard . I also made a template for the other hole in the drivers side where I cut it to fit the brake booster . Anyways heres some pics of todays work .

Offline ONE BAD TRACKER

« Reply #93 on: August 21, 2012, 05:47:43 PM »
Well I had found a deal on craigslist for some 15x14 aluminum weld wheels called and told the guy I wanted them and jumped in the truck and went and got them the next day . I got them home and started to get the old wheels off and the new ones on as fast as I could . I also fixed the exaust that was pointing right at the axle tubes . Aways heres some pics .

Offline ONE BAD TRACKER

« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2012, 02:03:41 AM »
Well I got the wheels on the truck and wow did they blow them tires out ! I also cut the exaust tips down a little more . Todays plan is some more sheet aluminum work in the front end wheel openings .
SHORTER TIPS

NEW WIDER WHEELS

Offline ONE BAD TRACKER

« Reply #95 on: August 25, 2012, 07:39:22 PM »
Just got home from working on the truck again and its got a bumper and a grill now ! I also cleaned the new wheels with aluminum cleaner . I put a hole in the rear pipe bumper to get my tow point for my clevis .

Offline ONE BAD TRACKER

« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2012, 07:16:56 PM »
Well I got the bumper on today after the the brush guard paint dryed and I bent a piece of 1/4 inch diamond plate aluminum to cover the frame rails and to have a place to stand when working under the hood . I also put two tow hooks on the front end as well and finished filling the holes in the fender well on the drivers side . I had a universal shifter boot laying around and I needed something rubber to cover the steering shaft hole and it fit the bill after some triming . Anyways heres the pics .

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2012, 08:55:27 PM »
That thing is going to look like a monster coming over the dunes.
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline ONE BAD TRACKER

« Reply #98 on: August 28, 2012, 05:19:58 AM »
It was a late night again last night working on the truck again and today its going to get loaded on the trailer and ready for the sand dunes this weekend . I got the stock rear bumper on it last night and checked all the diff fluids and the tranfer case fluid and got them all topped off and ready to go . Jumped in it and took it for a spin only to find out that I had a bad u joint in the front drive shaft so I had to drive to the parts store to get one and then changed it . I snaped some pics last night but it was dark so ill take some more before I load it on the trailer to post up later tonite .

Offline ONE BAD TRACKER

« Reply #99 on: August 28, 2012, 06:35:45 PM »
Well today was the day I finished the truck and loaded it on the trailer and its ready to go to the DUNES ! Ill be going up thursday see ya there !!

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #100 on: August 29, 2012, 11:20:49 AM »
Needs bigger tires.  :D
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline ONE BAD TRACKER

« Reply #101 on: August 29, 2012, 08:40:27 PM »