Hello Guest

project : DUNE TRASH

• 102 Replies

Offline ONE BAD TRACKER

Re: project : DUNE TRASH
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2009, 03:46:30 AM »
Well after a few months of not workin on the project its gettin some work time now . I got the brake booster and master cylinder mounted and hooked up to the pedal assembley .Also got the steering shaft made had to cut and shorten the orignal to make it fit . sorry i forgot my camera so ill take pics next week for ya guys !
!!!!!!!!! DUNE TRASH FOR LIFE !!!!!!!!!

Offline ONE BAD TRACKER

« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2009, 08:22:45 PM »
Well went and got some more work done on the tracker today I started on the roll cage heres some pics !

Pics of the brake booster and the master cylinder and steering shaft I had to make last week .

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2009, 10:56:05 AM »
Looks good.  I still like the look of the extra valve cover in the engine compartment.  :D

Are you going to stick with just the rear cage or do you plan on extending it forward in the future?
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline djlantis57

• Take your chrome home
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2009, 02:05:31 AM »
That's a nice looking cage, so when are you coming to CA to build my cage for me like that one???  :laugh:
God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of things.  Right now I am so far behind, I will never die.
90 Tracker LSi 2dr tintop 5spd: slow toy . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 08 Pontiac G8 GT: fast toy
90 Tracker LSi 2dr 5spd: SOLD.......95 Tracker 2dr 5spd: parts..........90 Sidekick JX 5spd: HI, my name's DJ and I have an addiction.........93 Tracker 2dr 2wd 5spd: PS donor/poss. 4x4 swap from 95 parts

Offline ONE BAD TRACKER

« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2010, 03:58:20 AM »
Well I got some more work done on the truck , but the pics I took with my phone wont load on the computer for some reason ??? Anyways the fuel cell and all the fuel lines are in and done . The rear bumper is mounted on the frame and I have mounted the " NOT so painless wiring kit " fuse block up under the dash and run the wire harness to there respective areas , but the rear was the part I worked on yesterday its all in and wired up so I got tail lights now ! Im stayin home today but Im workin on the dash panel , got autometer gauges and  mounting them on the brushed aluminum panel I cut for it , then puting it all togther back in the stock gauge cluster housing and workin on the radio besel too ! I almost forgot I got my trasfer case shifter done too I had to modify the original a little , but with the help of a shifter I got a the local salvage yard now I have a hurst transfer case shifter .

Offline BRD HNTR

« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2010, 06:52:22 AM »
Well I got some more work done on the truck , but the pics I took with my phone wont load on the computer for some reason ??? Anyways the fuel cell and all the fuel lines are in and done . The rear bumper is mounted on the frame and I have mounted the " NOT so painless wiring kit " fuse block up under the dash and run the wire harness to there respective areas , but the rear was the part I worked on yesterday its all in and wired up so I got tail lights now ! Im stayin home today but Im workin on the dash panel , got autometer gauges and  mounting them on the brushed aluminum panel I cut for it , then puting it all togther back in the stock gauge cluster housing and workin on the radio besel too ! I almost forgot I got my trasfer case shifter done too I had to modify the original a little , but with the help of a shifter I got a the local salvage yard now I have a hurst transfer case shifter .

I agree that there doesn't seem to be anything "Painless" when changing wiring.  I am looking forward to seeing your dash.  These projects seem to have there own time schedule on how much can get done to them, don't they?
That is going to be one heavy duty Tracker.
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.

Offline ONE BAD TRACKER

« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2010, 09:51:16 AM »
Well heres what I have so far for the gauge cluster the gauges are in the same location as the stock ones , and the space in the middle is for the turn signal indicator just like the original cluster but the parts store had to order the lights so I gatta wait .  

« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 09:58:14 AM by ONE BAD TRACKER »

Offline ONE BAD TRACKER

« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2010, 06:14:51 PM »
Got some more stuff done today , I modified the stock spare tire rack on the back of the tailgate because it was useless but now its a jerry can rack  , And a spot to mount my fire stick antenna and moved the third brake light down to make it look right and still be functional . Here's some pics

Offline ONE BAD TRACKER

« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2010, 05:16:27 PM »
Well I finally got the pictures to load from my phone to my computer. Heres the pics of the painless wiring kit and the wire wrap kit from painless that I'm installing in the truck , I mounted the fuse block up under the dash to the bottom of the cowl and started running the wire to there areas and fully wired up the rear section of the truck .

« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 05:24:52 PM by ONE BAD TRACKER »

Offline ONE BAD TRACKER

« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2010, 11:50:49 AM »
Well I went out to get some work done on the truck yesterday and I didn't get as much done a i would have liked. It was also my fathers 50th birthday so I talked him in to going for a ride in the 69 camaro , then he says hey lets go to the Gilmore car museum theres a big car show and swap meet there today . Given the fact that him and I dont get to hang out that much just the two of us as much I would like to , we went and had a blast and even found a few deals at the swap meet for the geo . Anyways heres the work I did get done .
I made tranny tunnel panels to cover the original holes in it from the shifters that were there . Then bent the old transfer case shifter boot to make it work in the new spot also had to modify the transfer case shifter . Now I have a hurst transfer case shifter with a four speed ball ... LOL

Also installed the gauge panel .

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2010, 12:20:29 AM »
Looking good!  :)
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline TopHeavy96

« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2010, 07:21:41 PM »
So...when ya gonna start on my Duramax powered 4-door??   ;D :angel:
96' Tracker 4-door, 16v, auto, open front, limited slip rear, Jeff1997's 2" lift with diff spacer, 95' mustang shocks, Calmini axle truss, BFG 30x9.5 mud-terrains on 15x8 "D"-windows, trimmed and banged fenders and bumpers, radio shack CB, Tom Tom GPS, 100w KC lights
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1097549855954

Offline djlantis57

• Take your chrome home
« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2010, 07:39:00 PM »
So...when ya gonna start on my Duramax powered 4-door??   ;D :angel:
If you did a 6.6L Duramax, that'd be nuts.  Insane.  Crazy.  But COOL.
But, you heard about the new 4.5L Duramax, the LMK?  Smaller rig, smaller engine...maybe ???
God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of things.  Right now I am so far behind, I will never die.
90 Tracker LSi 2dr tintop 5spd: slow toy . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 08 Pontiac G8 GT: fast toy
90 Tracker LSi 2dr 5spd: SOLD.......95 Tracker 2dr 5spd: parts..........90 Sidekick JX 5spd: HI, my name's DJ and I have an addiction.........93 Tracker 2dr 2wd 5spd: PS donor/poss. 4x4 swap from 95 parts

Offline ONE BAD TRACKER

« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2012, 03:19:46 AM »
Well this thing has started up again and is getting worked on every weekend again and its almost running !!

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2012, 12:56:27 PM »
Nice to know you still have it.  :)
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing