Hello Guest

Audi 1.8 turbo powered sidekick. PICTURES...!!!!!!!

• 330 Replies

Offline Jluck

Re: From turbo diesel to Audi roadster power sidekick. PICTURE THREAD...!!!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2011, 10:21:47 PM »
not alot done today just started building heater core hoses. and woulnt 'ya know it I didnt get one size (and only one needed) clamp so another weeks wait for a .20 clamp! :-\

I am pretty happy with the turn out.
life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do about it!

Offline BRD HNTR

« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2011, 04:59:48 PM »
Just looking at your three piece hose.  When I was doing my swap I went down to the parts store and asked to look through their heater hoses.  Second store I went in had both heater hoses just like I needed.  I got one that looks similar to that.  I hate having those hose clamps where I have to shove my hands (I don't have your kind of room).
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.

Offline Jluck

« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2011, 10:38:26 PM »
I suppose I'm a bit late on a update.... caught the vicious flu and was down and out! :sleepy:

have not got near as much done as I hoped but thats par for the coarse with any project I reckon. I did recycle a calmini rear 3" lift that went on tonight and pulled the radiator and I/C piping to go a different route. but at the mercy of the delivery man again.

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2011, 04:11:22 AM »
How did you finally work out the center diff mount?
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER

Offline Jluck

« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2011, 10:51:34 PM »
I had a long,full and fun day in the shop today. I started modifying my a-arms to work with the long coils. I know this has been done a thousand times so I wont drag it out but heres a few pics. of how I did mine.

I cut around the rim of the coil bucket all but 1" or so.
dropped the bucket down 1"
rolled some plate to fit and zapped 'er up.

it fits really nice too!

Offline Jluck

« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2011, 10:57:41 PM »
also couldn't leave the ball joint well enough alone either. I wanted to center the tire in the wheel well and cant the ball joint out a bit for alignment purposes.

I think it looks soooo much better with the tire moved forward ;D .

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2011, 04:07:42 AM »
I made a temporary one. I contacted the person I got the lift from for a pic and measurements and he said that he meant to send it too as he was not going to use it! score!! ;D so I just have to wait for it.

have you ran stock a-arms with calmini coils before? I cant get them in....PITA!!! ???

I run modified stock a arms, like you did but with the Hagen widening. I do run Calmini coils for now, but with the Coil bucket mod and the wideing I also use a 1.25" spacer! Try squeezing that together!
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER

Offline BRD HNTR

« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2011, 05:27:26 PM »
I did my mod the opposite way.  Instead of dropping it down, I raised the cup up an inch to give me more lift with same springs (of course I also increased those too).
How did your alignment go with moving the ball joint forward?
I have been thinking on an easy way to get more clearance for larger tires, so this looks good.
What sized tires are you running?
What about a good photo?
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.

Offline djlantis57

• Take your chrome home
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2011, 09:17:10 PM »
Nice parts.  But, I thought you were supposed to buy the arms from bentparts?  Looks like you got around that though!
God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of things.  Right now I am so far behind, I will never die.
90 Tracker LSi 2dr tintop 5spd: slow toy . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 08 Pontiac G8 GT: fast toy
90 Tracker LSi 2dr 5spd: SOLD.......95 Tracker 2dr 5spd: parts..........90 Sidekick JX 5spd: HI, my name's DJ and I have an addiction.........93 Tracker 2dr 2wd 5spd: PS donor/poss. 4x4 swap from 95 parts

Offline Jluck

« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2011, 09:30:53 PM »
I would really like to have them (badly) but I have shook the piggy bank to death. and I have had a couple sour deals lately an loss my ass.

Offline djlantis57

• Take your chrome home
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2011, 10:43:58 AM »
Shoot that sucks.  Nice parts though.  I really like to see people make stuff work with great skill!
God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of things.  Right now I am so far behind, I will never die.
90 Tracker LSi 2dr tintop 5spd: slow toy . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 08 Pontiac G8 GT: fast toy
90 Tracker LSi 2dr 5spd: SOLD.......95 Tracker 2dr 5spd: parts..........90 Sidekick JX 5spd: HI, my name's DJ and I have an addiction.........93 Tracker 2dr 2wd 5spd: PS donor/poss. 4x4 swap from 95 parts

Offline Jluck

« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2011, 11:47:41 PM »
got my heater core coolant lines done today  ;D

also got my body lift spacers back from machine shop and installed too :-\   damn body lifts anyways

so heres ride height of the kick with the calmini stuff a couple mods and the 1" body lift.

Offline Jluck

« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2011, 11:55:12 PM »
also completely redoing the intercooler piping and radiator, the radiator is for a early 90's supercharged Thunderbird that my friend drew discovered would work perfect. its real metal too!

also played a bit of dress up with the motor just to give me the feel I'm getting some where! :laugh:

Offline TRC

« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2011, 04:52:46 PM »
Looking awesome. I like that you were able to use my cal mini rears. Your 3 rd upper will be there tomorrow!  You are a up standing person to deal with! A true man of his word. Thank you for covering the difference in shipping! If their is anything I can do for you in the future let me know.

Offline ghmikk

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2011, 09:54:36 PM »
Those radiators work perfect don't they.  Looks good.